Thursday, November 21, 2019

I'm so mad...

...and that's an understatement to how I really feel. I really think I might blow a gasket!

I can’t believe it. And you won’t believe it either. 

I planned to get tickets for the Bluebird Cafe on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Now the Bluebird is a very famous place here where you can see country music songwriters and stars perform. Many get their start here. There is always a long line outside, so getting tickets is really a necessity. I was particularly excited because being the night before Thanksgiving, you just never know which stars are in town and might show up. A couple weeks ago, Taylor Swift popped in.

The tickets weren’t going to be available until today (November 20). I put it on my calendar. You are only allowed to get 6 tickets and you only have ONE minute to make the transaction. Yep, ONE minute! To say I was nervous about this is an understatement.

I set my alarm for 11:45 p.m. on the 19th. At midnight, I went on the website only to realize that the tickets aren’t available until 8 a.m. I reset my alarm and went back to bed.

I got on the website at 7:55 a.m. and was waiting. I got some sort of message that my place in line was noted. At exactly 8 a.m. I got another message saying that my wait time would be 10 minutes.  What?? That number changed a couple of times. My stomach was all nervous. I’m just not good at timed things like this. Plus I knew I’d need to maneuver a website I knew nothing about and had never been to---all in a single minute.

Then I got this message:
It’s now your turn. You will be redirected to the website shortly. There was a little person walking. I waited and waited. That took another 3 minutes. By the time I got to the website, it was 8:16 and everything is SOLD OUT!! 

However, don’t be discouraged—“we invite you to stand in line at the Bluebird to get
the 10 church pew seats we have and any “no shows” seats!"

 OMGosh! There is always a line down the sidewalk at the Bluebird. I pass it just about every day!! We would be waiting for hours! Not happening!

This makes me so mad. Had I known you actually needed to log on to the website early to get a place in the virtual line, I would have done that. It's so darn frustrating. Now I'll never know if I could have completed the transaction in a minute!

Well, now our plans for Wednesday night are wide open. I guess it will be family games.

The place is little--in a small strip center. It's iconic Nashville. We've been there before, but it's probably been 25 years. 

1 comment:

  1. Is this the Bluebird that they show in the TV series 'Nashville'? If so, I feel like I know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.