Sunday, November 24, 2019

Get to Know Me Quiz

As if you don't know me already! 

I love these kinds of things! They make me think and take stock! I found it on Snaps and Snippets some time ago. Thanks Deb, for posting this!

1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
Venti, iced black tea, shaken with two Equals, no cane!

2. What does your workstation look like right now?
Looks good. After our scrapbook retreat, I cleaned it all up!

3. All-time favorite food?
Wow, that's hard. I have a lot of all time favorite foods. If I can only pick one, it would be grilled cheese and tomato soup.

4. Favorite author?
Another tough one. I would have to pick Jodi Picoult with Lianne Moriarty a close second.

5. What do you think of open relationships?
Is that even still a "thing?" 

6. Favorite video game?
In the 80's it was Tetris.

7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Hot chocolate with Bailey's.

8. Favorite film?
My Foolish Heart.

9. Favorite book?
Wuthering Heights

10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. Don't really know anything about Twitter.

11. Desktop or laptop?
I have both, but my desktop is so outdated, I really only keep it because it has old pictures on it. I can't even use a printer with it anymore. I've had a MacBook Air for years now and won't go back to a desktop.

12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My grandma said, "Take care of your babies in the day and your husband at night!" Must have worked---we've been together 48 years and counting!

13. What project are you working on right now?
"It Takes a Village" needlepoint. Christmas snow globes next week.

14. Favorite color?
Pink.

15. Did you get good grades at school?
Yes, I did---not straight A's, but a good mix with B's!  

16. Dream job?
Decorating on someone else's dime.

17. Played any sports?
Played 3rd base for 11 years.

18. Do you have a degree?
Only if you count my "Master Gardener" degree!

19. Nationality?
American of Italian and German descent.

20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to do?
Any that lead me to tell a story.

21. What do you like to collect?
I have many collections over the years: stamps, mini Faberge Eggs, tons of books, Norman Rockwell figurines, Lenox Princesses, ornaments, gold charms, etc.---none of which my kids want. Currently, I collect Starbucks mugs when I travel.

22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Energetic, organized, fun (at least I think so).

23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
Babbling Barbtender

24. Who was the last person you dmed?
I think this is on Facebook. If so, it was an old friend from grade school. Is this the same as "instant messaged?"

25. What’s on the top of your wishlist right now?
A brand new house (even though we've decided to stay put and have remodeled a lot---still, I'd love to build from scratch and pick out every little detail).

26. Hogwarts House?
I think is something from Harry Potter, but don't know what.

27. How many tattoos do you have?
None--although I considered letting my grandkids pick out one for me when I turned 60. That ship has sailed.

28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Connie playing duplicate bridge with me. 

29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Stephanie introducing me to the grocery list on my phone. OMGosh! Life changing.

30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Butch helped me get the house back in order from the recent remodeling.

31. What’s the best thing ever?
It seems obvious, husband and girls other family and friends---that sounds so cliche, but it's the truth.

32. Favorite season?
Winter---love the holidays, the snow we never get and fires in the fireplace for stitching and reading.

33. Favorite holiday?
Christmas

34. Which fictional character do you relate to most?
Hmmm??? I'd say Amelia Bedelia because she seems so confused most of the time!

35. Do you like surprises?
Of course, who doesn't?

36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
My best surprise was the year Butch and the girls turned Father's Day in to Mother's Day!

37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry?
I was certain I was getting an Ozark rock for my garden for Christmas. When I was handed the heavy bag, I started to cry (thinking of the trouble Butch had to go to to get it), When he and the family looked at me all funny, I blurted, "It's my rock!" Then I opened it and it was brass knobs for the kitchen. A surprise that really wasn't after all!

38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
When Butch turned 40, I gave him a red 63 Chevy that I had rebuilt. He loves classic cars, but until then had not purchased one for himself.

39. Do you like muffins?
You name it, I love them!! I can't even name a favorite, but cranberry orange is right up there.

40. Do you cook often?
Well, now that Mitchell is here, I'm cooking more. Probably twice as much as I did when it was just the two of us.

41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Just about any kind of cake. But my all time favorite is bread pudding with a custard sauce---no raisins.

42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything with raisins. Also, I'm not a big pie lover, but wouldn't turn it down.  

43. Cake or pie?
Cake, absolutely.

44. What’s your least favorite food?
Liver.

45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Mayonnaise. Hellman's please!

46. It’s 4 pm on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, potato chips and a big glass of milk. That would be dinner.

47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Storytelling.

48. Best animated film?
Dumbo!

49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I love a guy who likes to dance---and has a sense of humor.

50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Hang out with mutual friends.

51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Go to the airport to watch the planes fly in. (Yes, this really happened! It was also the last date).

52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl?
I married so young that I didn't hear too many pick up lines.

53. Best comic book character?
Archie

54. What are the three things that are always in your bag?
Wallet, glasses and Epi pens.

55. Favorite drink?
Gin or vodka martinis and bloody Mary's.

56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
A flapper from the roaring 20's.

57. Kittens or puppies?
Kittens because they don't smell.

58. Favorite sushi roll?
California roll

59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
Thrive Causematics

60. What kind of foundation do you use? 
Thrive Causematics (I used Estee Lauder everything for nearly 50 years. Then I discovered Thrive--I'm "all in" with that)

61. Blow-dry or air dry?
Air dry half way then blow dry--if I have the time.

62. Who is your fashion icon?
Princess Meghan

63. What are you doing tomorrow?
It's Movie Monday for me.

64. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Vacation

65. Movie that made you cry?
So many, but the one that can get me every time---even though I've seen it at least 50 times is My Foolish Heart. Penny Serenade is a close second. But then, I cry during Survivor (those family scenes) and some commercials!

66. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
Mick Jagger in the style of Bette Midler when they did "Beast of Burden."

67. If your life was a song what would the title be?
You Can't Always Get What You Want (but if you try, sometimes, well, you just might find, you get what need!)

68. The person you want to have coffee with?
That is so easy! Ellen DeGeneres--hands down!

69. What’s the country you wish to visit?
England, over and over and over.

70. Best way to decompress?
Bubble bath with a book and music. I'd say wine too, but I always forget that.

1 comment:

  1. How interesting to learn 70 fun facts about Barbara! Can I confess to you that I don't think I have ever had a Starbucks coffee? I know - I must be the only person in the western world! And it isn't because there isn't one near where I live, there is a large branch in town, right in the middle of the shopping centre. Nor is it because I don't drink coffee, maybe I'm just weird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.