Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Few Randoms

Every once in awhile, I decide to do a post with all of the single, random photos that I've taken for various reasons. Today's the day.

I inherited my mother's sterling silver. I've only used it once---Thanksgiving, 2010---right after she died---sort of in her honor. Jordan and Morgan helped me polish it in preparation. The main reason I never used it was because it was in this huge, inconvenient, heavy box. When we just renovated the kitchen, we pulled it out from the depths of the pantry. I was determined to figure out a better way to store it so that I would use it. I went to The Container Store and bought this divided, zippered, silver protection thing. I cleaned out a drawer in the buffet in the dining room and put it there. I still haven't used it yet, but it is way more accessible now! I'll definitely be using it more.
Butch and I drove up to Murfreesboro a couple of weeks ago to have lunch with Morgan. She took us to her favorite sushi place. Have I ever mentioned that we are sushi lovers? We were definitely way behind the rest of the family---more about being unwilling to even give it a try. Now we're so glad we did. The presentation is so "fancy!" Besides being delicious, it was cheap! Butch definitely loved that. Of course, our visit with Morgan was the best part of lunch!
My SIL, Sharon was telling me how my brother, Matt, fans out her magazines to make them easier for her to read. #1. I never realized reading magazines in their current state was a problem to be overcome. #2. I think this is a sign of the ultimate control freak! Yeah, that's my brother.
I picked this little saucer up at an antique shop years ago. It's been buried in the kitchen cabinets. I love it because this is what our dishes were growing up. I think mom got them in laundry detergent or really cheap at the grocery store---a piece each week. I can't really remember which. Either way, it would have taken a long time to collect enough for our family!
I swear, every time I visit the mother of a friend of mine at the nursing home, I think, "I really think I could get in to this." They have so many fun activities ALL THE TIME! I sure hope that when the time comes, I'll remember this and not give my family a hard time!

What random things are going on in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.