Wednesday, July 26, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday

I didn't buy anything this week. However, that doesn't mean I didn't get something! 

Sandy and family sent us a floral arrangement as a thank-you for our Italy trip.
It was a cute little arrangement of roses. 

When I opened the card, there was something jank about it.

My name and address as well as the sentiment was cut out and taped onto a paper, cut a little crookedly. What I found the most unusual was that there was no identifying florist name or address anywhere. I didn't think that much of it at the time. Until...

...I sent Sandy a picture and a text thanking her. She responded by saying that wasn't what she paid for--along with a picture of what she had ordered. She was all over it!! The next day, I got another delivery.

The picture doesn't do it justice because I took it at night. But it's beautiful and very different from the first one I received. The card even improved.
That's when I realized that this florist tried to get away with sending an inferior product--which is why they didn't put any identifying information on it. I'm thinking it has to be the same florist because when Sandy called to complain, surely the company she used would require the local florist to make it right. Suddenly, they were happy to put their name on it!

I just wonder how many times florists get away with this. If I hadn't sent a picture to Sandy, she never would have known that it wasn't what she ordered. I'll be sure to do that every time I get flowers from someone. And, I'll ask for a picture whenever I send flowers. 

Lesson learned.





1 comment:

  1. Oh how cheeky! Thank goodness you sent that photo - I'm not surprised you were suspicious about that card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.