Wednesday, July 5, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday

I sure hope that "What I Buy Wednesdays" posts aren't starting to become all about produce purchases. But, I just have to share about the Cherokee purple tomatoes I bought this week. I made a special trip to the produce stand just to get them. Actually, I went for black beauties, but they had these instead.
When it came time to pay, I knew that I would be blogging about them. When I got there, there were two other shoppers. One guy was already sorting through "the purples." I waited patiently, but he was taking so long and pressing every single one. So I went around to the other side of the table and started finding the ones I wanted. I guess that bugged him because he came around to my side! What? Are you kidding me? You didn't already manhandle all the tomatoes on the other side? 

At about that time, the only other shopper approached "the purples" from the other side. Now, here we are amidst this huge produce stand with all three of us competing for the same tomatoes! Crazy. But not as crazy as the price when I checked out. Hold on to your hat! These 5 tomatoes were $15.41!!! Seriously! I couldn't believe it. But, I have to say, they are delicious and worth every penny or I should say dollar!!

Next up. You already know that I have crappy hair and have always had crappy hair.  Okay, maybe not that crappy. It's just very fine. There's not much fullness there. So, I'm always on the lookout for something that's going to improve the texture. I came across this and decided to give it a try. 
It's called Kerotin. What I didn't know about it is that you have to use it every day--on wet or dry hair. That's a strike right there. I'm not sure I'm dedicated or disciplined enough to do anything every single day for my hair. I'll stick with trying it as a styling tool. We'll see how that goes. I'm pretty sure that I am searching for something that doesn't exist for me!!

That's it for this week of purchases. Nothing too exciting.



1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness those tomatoes were flavoursome - because they were VERY expensive! I'm also pleased you didn't get any bruised ones the the other customer had been manhandling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.