Thursday, July 27, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. I'm starting with something we discovered a couple of nights ago. I was making shrimp and corn chowder for dinner with cornbread. I used all the milk for the chowder, not realizing I need 1/3 cup for the cornbread. I had already opened the box and put in the egg. I thought of just using water as I was going to have to throw it away, one way or another. Butch suggested using powdered Cremora. He put the water in a little bowl and added the creamer until it looked like milk. It worked like a charm! We could not tell a single difference. I would never have thought of it, but I'm glad he did!

2. There was a report on GMA about what is the best time to exercise. I do my walking first thing in the morning---pretty much as soon as I get out of bed. The report is that the benefits are essentially the same no matter what time you exercise during the day. But, if you work our in the morning, you burn a little more fat. 

Now, that seems to me that working out in the morning is best. How is it the same no matter when you do it if you burn more fat in the morning? Kind of a stupid report if you ask me!

3. So I'm reading this highly rated book that I'm not really loving: Women Talking. I have no idea where the recommendation came from. Anyway, I do love to learn new things and I learned a good one. We all know that we shed dead skin cells all the time. But, did you know that your top layer of skin is replaced every month? To the tune of 40 lbs. of skin cells over the course of your lifetime!! That's amazing. Now, if the skin cells could take some of the wrinkles with it--that would be something!!

4. It's tomato time!
This is almost too cute to eat!

5. These are all needlepoint pillows. I love how it looks, but considering I don't want people sitting on my pillows, I don't think I could have have my entire couch lined with them!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.