Monday, July 24, 2023

Me on Monday

Do you see it?
Now?
How about now? It's my first age spot. At least I thought so. I was so convinced that I actually cried over it. I didn't even tell Butch about it for a couple of days. When I told him, I was choked up again. Then I told the girls and choked up again. You know that saying, "It's HELL getting old?" Well, I never really paid attention to it. I'm just going along and living my life. Yes, I'm definitely noticing some things at 71 that I hadn't noticed before. But basically, I'm fit and healthy. I have a great heart and liver--oh and I can't forget about my really clear carotid artery. The biggest thing I notice is my lines--which I guess are called wrinkles. I always thought of those more as loose skin. Maybe it's a combination of both. And I definitely have some balance issues--mostly due to my fused toes. But that's not going away, so I just have to be careful and live with it.

So fast forward to a couple days ago. I hadn't really thought about the age spot once I accepted it. Then all of a sudden, I noticed this:
It's gone! Can that happen? Can age spots just magically disappear? I don't know. Now, lest you think it was a dab of chocolate or something, I haven't had chocolate in quite a while (well maybe a couple of pieces in Italy--but the age spot was before that). Anyway, it's gone. 

Now what? I guess I just continue on until the next one pops up. Perhaps that time, I'll be more prepared. I won't fret over it or shed a tear. After all, I'm already living with sags and bags. It's just the reality of aging. It's not hell. Far from it. I really can't complain. So I won't.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.