Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Travel Tuesday

We're leaving Venice today. Thought I'd just share a few things.
So we're standing in line to check in at our airport. Along side of us is a woman holding two leashes. These are small dogs. Come on. How are these dogs service dogs? I'm pretty sure they will yap at strangers to alert their owners. But how do you tell the difference between that and regular yapping? Apparently, there are no regulations or proof that you have show about service dogs. I know for a fact that people take advantage of this. A friend of Steph's used to do it before his dog actually went through the training to be a service dog. It's all just ridiculous to me.
Morgan and Olly had a layover in Chicago, so surprised me with some Garrett's popcorn. It's the best! And a nice treat to have on the trip.
From the plane heading over--Morgan and Olly, Stephanie and Nicky with Jordan and Robbie in the back. Love the excitement!

Mindy and Justin were right behind us on the plane. They had this amazing snack mix. I only had a little handful, but it was delicious. Mindy said they got it at Target. I'll have to check it out--although I try to avoid Target. It's deadly for me!

I always love to look for unusual vegetables in the grocery stores while traveling abroad. I.m not sure what these are, but I think they might be tomatoes--although it seems that if they were, they'd be with the other tomatoes. Still, they are so pretty!
I'm pretty sure these are bell peppers. You cannot tell from this picture, but they are so huge. I love the color of them--they'd look good in a bowl on the counter.

I've already mentioned the heat in Venice yesterday. My brother, Matt brought this umbrella--which we teased---was actually a parasol. 
I laughed so hard as he fought with it--actually dropping it once. It really looked like a comedy sketch.
This made me so happy to find a "book box" hanging on a wall in Venice. How cute is that?
All Butch talked about was getting this cicchetti open-faced sandwich. They come in many different varieties. I picked this one with the creamed cod--another favorite concoction. It sounds kind of gross, but was actually very good. And then of course, the pistachio gelato. My first, of what I'm sure will be many!

So far so good. We're all having a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.