Sunday, July 9, 2023

Something for Sunday

I haven't had a chance to report on our family weekend last weekend. Whew! What a whirlwind!

We started off Friday night with a family dinner in honor of Victoria's birthday. That's when I made the ravioli lasagna. I posted the recipe on Thursday. Stephanie and Jordan got her this cake (also for Elizabeth).
It's a cotton candy cake!! There were 5 layers--each a different flavor.

On Saturday, was the bridal shower tea for Morgan--given by Sandy and Mindy. It was a beautiful affair!
The table was set beautifully. I brought the flowers from my garden.
The hostesses and the bride-to-be.
The tea trays were full of all kinds of goodies. 
This was the first time that I've ever had savory scones. Not a fan.
Me and the grands---they are all a head taller than me! I really look like some sort of--I don't even know what politically correct word I can use--little person?? It's crazy!
All of my beautiful girlies! From left: Mindy, Elizabeth, Stephanie, Jordan, Morgan, Victoria, Sandy and Me.
Stephanie with her girls.
A view with all of the guests. Mindy had a fun game--all about the bride and groom. Morgan opened gifts. It was really nice. And of course, the tea---so good and elegant!

After the shower, it was on to the next thing! We got home and immediately went out to the pool so that Elizabeth's graduation party could begin. I'd say that within 15 minutes of getting in the pool, it started to rain. Then it really started to storm, so inside we went. We had an afternoon of fun and games. Butch had to barbecue in the rain with an umbrella. Not fun for him. We had burgers, chicken and a big salad. We had a cake for E. and Morgan arranged for the party favors--decorated cookies. I can't believe I don't have any pictures!

The last activity of the day was the Kid Rock concert. The Lapps family went and so did Morgan, Olly and me. I love Kid Rock's music, but not his politics. It's almost embarrassing to let people know that I went to his concert. But, of course, we had the tickets long before his latest shenanigans. 

Morgan and Olly asked me to go. You know my feelings/philosophy: I'm going to anything and everything my girls or grands invite me to--at least for as long as I can. At first, I thought they might be a bit embarrassed to be with their 71 year old grammy. But once we got there, I felt right at home. The majority of the concert goers were older! I fit right in!



By the time everyone left on Sunday, I was ready for some serious R&R. Morgan and Olly stayed over until Monday, but they spent the day with his family. 

By the time you are reading this, the whole family (minus Mitchell--who couldn't get away from work) are in Italy. I'm sure I'll have lots of tales to tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.