Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...The Scrap Gals! (For family and friends who are not scrapbookers, you might want to skip this one).

First off, Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you all are staying cool and doing something fun today.

Now let's get on with it.
Let me introduce you to Tracie and Tiffany. They are the Scrap Gals. I met Tracie years ago at a scrapbook store in Hermitage--Scrap It! She worked and taught classes there. This was the only local store where I never taught any classes. I just wanted to go, meet new people, and take the classes that interested me. I made quite a few friends there---but I don't think any of them are still scrapbooking. 

As for Tiffany, I never met her. But, I feel like I know her well. Let me explain.

Y'all know how much I love podcasts. Well, these girls have a good one---for memory-keepers and storytellers. I used to follow Tracy's blog, but with the podcast, she quit blogging years ago. Still, I was in her Facebook group. Little by little, I was intrigued to try their podcast. I put it off because I cannot keep up with all the others I follow. Plus, this one costs. Big time. Five bucks a month. Yep, you heard that right--five bucks. Less than a Starbucks drink. Totally worth it. 

Okay, let me get to the point of this post. About two weeks ago, someone in the Facebook group asked a question about scrapbooking travel photos. Tracy mentioned it on the podcast. I responded in the Facebook group. Tracy contacted me and asked if I'd like to be a guest on the podcast. Would I ever! I can talk scrapbooking with anyone, anywhere, anytime, forever!! 

I was on the show last week. I was getting read to say something---and forewarned everyone that they would gasp. And boy, did they!!! It caused quite a stir in the FB group. There were over 100 comments! Here's what caused all the hullaballoo (hmm, I don't think I've ever used that word in my life!): Tracy asked me what I did with all of the 100+ photos that do not make it into my scrapbook. I said that I delete them! Yep, delete, delete, delete! One of the comments referred to it as "the great deletion." I'm keeping it!

People went crazy! One even said I was insane! So, I responded on the FB group saying that I did forewarn them that they would gasp. I do not need 200+ trip pictures. When I'm finished scrapbooking that trip, I get rid of them. If they didn't make the cut to be included in the layout, why would I keep them? I only keep my very favorites on my computer. I'm actually pretty ruthless about it. I've never regretted it or missed a photo that I deleted. Once they are gone, I don't think about them again. Remember all my preaching about how your kids don't want your stuff? That includes your photos. 

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

If you are looking for a fun podcast, check it out. To be clear, I am not being paid for this rave review! You know me. When I get excited about something, I want to share it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.