Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Travel Tuesday

We spent the weekend at Sandy's for Elizabeth's graduation. We started with the Baccalaureate Mass on Friday night. The graduation was on Saturday morning. Sandy told everyone to be ready by 8:30 a.m. for pictures. It got a little crazy there for a minute, but for the most part, everyone was ready.

I can't believe that even Elizabeth is a head taller than me.

Greg, Elizabeth, Mitchell, Victoria and Sandy.

Elizabeth's boyfriend, Graham.
She's finally finished and on her way to adulthood!! 
Sandy ordered the cake from Dessert Designs here in Nashville. We picked it up and brought it with us. They are the best cakes you will ever have!
Of course, there had to be party favors! Sandy made the tags. So cute--filled with Tate's cookies and Hershey's candy.
Okay, so she has a little way to go to adulthood! She'll get there! I always get such a hoot out of her room! Sandy plans for her to not only get her room cleaned up, but cleaned OUT! Yeah, good luck with that!! 

We're so proud of Elizabeth. She's ready to start the next chapter--off to The Paul Mitchell School. She's really excited and just wants to get started. I'm still waiting for her to give me a makeover. I want her to learn about aging skin and tell me what I should be doing! And, I want her to show me how I should be using makeup at my age. I'm going to let her experiment on me. I keep telling her that there's a market for that. We need someone who can cater to our age group! I'd pay for that!

We left early on Sunday and got home by 9 a.m. I spent the day with my book, napping and reading and napping and more napping. I was worn out!! It was a perfect Mother's Day. 
Sandy gave me my gift over the weekend. When we got home, Mindy's gift was waiting for me. I was kind of surprised as we're actually celebrating next Sunday.

This was going to be my "Me on Monday" post, but I was too busy doing nothing to write it!!
Sandy gave me some Highclere Castle Gin. Turns out, it happens to be gin for King Charles Coronation drink. 
She also gave me a pair of Kate Spade acrylic rocks glasses and a little fan. 
Mindy ordered Fortnum & Mason Coronation tea for me. The one on the left is a coconut and pineapple infusion tea. I think that means it's going to taste like a Pina colada. The other is a Darjeeling tea blended especially for the Coronation.

My girls definitely know me! Gin, tea, and Kate Spade!!

Stephanie has a surprise planned for me on Friday. Actually, she told me about it yesterday when I started quizzing her about what I was to wear--specifically footwear! She just told me that I should eat a decent breakfast and that she'd be picking me up at 12:30. I don't know why, but I thought we were going hiking. It's better than that. She's taking me to the Beatrix Potter exhibit at the Frist Art Museum. Afterward, we're going for tea at the Conrad Hotel! Yep, she knows me too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.