Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Travel Tuesday

I'm heading to St. Louis this week and then on to Salem to visit the twins. Jeanne, Janet and I are going together. Chrissy is picking me up at the airport so we'll have a couple hours together before meeting Jeanne and Janet for lunch--Grassi's--one of my favorite Italian places. There are so many...so many...I cannot get enough of Italian food when I'm there. 

We'll be in Salem for a couple days before coming back to Jeanne's house. She's going to have a family party on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing the "littles" then.

I think I already mentioned how they are doing all the planning for Camp Aunt Barb this year. It's just two weeks away and they have been hard at work. Over the weekend, I texted Evie and Travis and asked them to give me the itinerary and food list when I see them on Saturday. Travis texted back and said, "Ok, we have most of the food ready." I'm taking that to mean the list of what they want to eat. A little bird told me that there's steak on the list. I'm not planning on spending a lot of time in the kitchen, so we'll see! It's going to be interesting.

The way this went down was that I said since they were getting older, we did not have to keep them entertained constantly. And, we weren't going to have the myriad of game prizes as we've had in the past. That's when they decided that they would spend their own money to have all those prizes! They had two shopping trips together and this planning session.

Serious business! They figured out what games they want to play and what the prizes would be for each.

Janet told them that they could not have slime at my house. Thanks, Janet! I'm not really familiar with slime, but if Janet didn't think I would like it, she's probably right!
This is Travis' planning notebook. I hope they all bring them so I can see what they worked so hard on!

A couple weeks ago, when Janet was here, she brought the boxes of game prizes. 
Holy c**p! This is more than we've ever had before. 
It's kind of hard to tell, but these boxes are BIG!! I guess the lesson here is that the kids don't want change. And maybe more importantly, maybe they don't want to grow up! 

All I know is that time is going by way too fast! 



2 comments:

  1. They obviously have so much fun when they are with you - how lovely that they are so keen to take responsibility for the organising this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how to plan fun for all ages, don't you! No wonder they don't want things to change.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.