Monday, May 22, 2023

Me on Monday

1. This weekend, I spent quite a few hours organizing. I had a container of memories from my childhood that I had forgotten about. I came across this.
My love of theatre began at 10 years old!!

2. I don't have enough pictures of me and my grands!
We have Mitchell on the end, Jordan on the other end next to her sister, Morgan. The midget in the middle wold be me! Oops, is saying "midget" politically incorrect? I don't mean to offend anybody out there, so I looked up the definition. One that fits for me is: something that is extremely small! Yeah, that's it.

3. A few weeks ago, Stephanie asked me what I was doing on Friday, May 19. She told me to eat a decent breakfast and be ready for pick-up at 12:30. Fast forward to last Monday when Butch and I went over to her house to help with a few things. She told me that she was taking me to the Beatrix Potter exhibit at The Frist (our museum) and then to tea at the Conrad Hotel.
The china was so pretty. I cannot believe that I didn't get a picture of the tea treats!  It was all delicious. Of course, my favorite is always the scones and clotted cream. The waiter called it butter. I've always described it as the richest, most tasty butter you'll ever have. But it's not exactly like butter. It just made me think that the wait staff might not have been fully briefed on high tea. 
We had such a nice time. It's rare that I am one-on-one with one of my girls! Before we knew it, we realized that it was 3:45! It was poker night at our house, so I really needed to scoot. I got home around 4:30. Butch helped me put the finishing touches on dinner. We finished just in time when the doorbell rang at 5:30! It was a very fun and special day! Good thing I had a nice tea as dinner for us girls at the restaurant I picked wasn't so good!

4. Speaking of tea--in that same tub I cleaned out, I came across a tea invitation that I made. I guess my love of tea also began at a young age! I can't guess how old I was when I made these.

There are a couple of questions I have about this. Why in the world was I planning something for 8 p.m.? That had to be close to my bedtime!!! And who is Mrs. Sundermann? Why did I write it like that? I have no recollection of this whatsoever. Still, I'm pretty happy to have it!

5. My mother always told me that I potty trained at 9 months old. I never really believed it. She said that I needed to be out of diapers because she was getting ready to have another baby--my brother, Ronnie. Well, I'm pretty sure that all of us who have had children, know that babies train in their own time. I guess I really was that precocious!
Because, here's the proof! I graduated from the diaper service in October! Technically, I might have been 10 months old as my birthday is January 11th. That seems pretty amazing to me. But, I have to admit, my own, Sandy was trained by 10 months. It can be pretty easy when they start waking up dry in the morning. 

Well, that's it for me on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise afternoon tea! Over here, clotted cream isn't butter - it's like a softly whipped light cream and absolutely delicious with jam and scones :-)
    Potty training is definitely very different nowadays - left a lot longer than we did with our children. Maybe disposable nappies have made it too easy to be lazy, we had more of an incentive to get rid of the washing of all those terry nappies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That china certainly points to cheerful, delicious treats to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.