Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...type A personalities. I'm pretty sure I'm a type A personality. And, my granddaughter, Morgan is exactly like me! Here's the story.

About a week before Thanksgiving, Morgan texted me and asked if we could plan a family party on New Year's Day. I said it was fine with me. She then said she wanted to cook. I said, "Okay, you can consider this your party." Within 30 minutes, she sent me the menu and grocery list. Then she "Venmoed" me for $37.00 for the "glasses" she bought. She said that she had all kinds of New Years' paper products in her Amazon cart. I told her, "Hold off on that. I have everything we need for entertaining." I then sent her this picture:
Next came the "e-vite" to the whole family! 

Within an hour, she had asked permission to have the party at our house, planned the menu and itinerary for the day, told me that grandpa needs to make the betting sheets for the football games, sent the grocery list, bought "goofy" 2023 glasses and sent the invitation! OMGosh! That's a lot! I was feeling so overwhelmed by her. It wasn't even Thanksgiving and she was planning New Year's Day!! 

I asked Stephanie if I'm like that. She said, "Yeah, mom, you kinda' are!" 

OMGosh! I didn't realize that I overwhelm people too. I can see it now. I'm a planner and not at all a procrastinator. In fact, I sent out our Christmas itinerary--including all the food and activities yesterday. I made my grocery list too. And, it's not even December yet. I need to "throttle back!" 

Still, I love this about Morgan. She's a planner and is always getting us together. I'm happy to let someone else take over the job!!
This is the only picture I could find of Morgan and me!! Well, except for this one:
An "oldie" but a "goodie!"

Hey Morgan, we need more pictures of just the two of us!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.