Saturday, November 12, 2022

Scrapbook Saturday

It never fails. When you have just a bit of something you want to use on your scrapbook page, or the very last sheet of a particular paper that you love--it never fails. That's when you are going to mess it up. Really, for me, when I cannot afford any mistakes, that's when it's bound to happen. I mess up. I always say there's nothing you can't fix. But that just means you have to make a substitution of some sort. 

Case in point. I pulled out the materials I wanted to use for the layout.
I had this really cute circular note card that I wanted to use for my journaling on this "round robin" page for my friend, Pam. I had exactly one chance to run it through my computer. And wouldn't you know it--even though I carefully lined it up by holding it up to the window to see exactly where it was going to print. I taped it down and ran it back through the printer. That's when it happened. The paper didn't feed properly which caused the printing to be "off!" 
D**n! Are you kidding me? I swear, it happens every time! When I can least afford it! My next thought was, "Oh well, I'll print it again on white cardstock, and cut it into a circle to fit perfectly within the dots. Well, it was a good idea, but it didn't work. I did not have the correct size circle template to cut it. So, I had to find an alternate plan. I had my heart set on a circle--and this one was cute and glittery. I did the next best thing. I made a new one!
I was able to print it out without a problem. Then I matted it and used glitter glue to make the dots. Perfect. Except, the whole thing probably took me an hour from the mistake to the correction! Oh well.
I had just a scrap of this sparkly cardstock that was perfect for the envelope flap.
I folded a piece of cardstock to add a few other pictures. 

Here's the final layout:
You know how obsessed I am with fonts. I did a search to find the "friends" font and downloaded it to my font book. Then, I was able to cut it with my new Cricut. Love that thing! It's so easy. It's so easy that my good friend, Nancy--who can tend to be a little technology challenged--has been able to cut titles too! 

Okay, so that's what I have to report on Scrapbook Saturday this week. 

I'm dying to do some scrapbooking, but there's no time this weekend, nor Monday or Tuesday. Then, we leave again on Wednesday. The beach this time. Stephanie and Nicky will join us on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. This time, my project is going to be more cleaning out and organizing on my computer. I also need to go through my photos as I have nearly 10,000---and that's about 5,000 too many!! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.