Monday, March 28, 2022

Monday Mystery

I have just a little time before our tour so I thought I'd slip in a post.

One evening, Butch and I were walking and geo-caching in Tomar. We stumbled upon this pretty little park where there appeared to be some competitions going on. I have no idea what any of the games were.
This was played in teams. On one side, a ball was "shot" with a sling shot sort of thing while the teammates tried to catch it with poles that had nets on the end. They were pretty bad at it.
This was the most interesting. One person stood on a metal bar and tried to "walk" it while the other team members put tension on it with ropes to keep it upright. I told Butch I was going to ask them if I could give it a try. I didn't, but it sure looked fun to me.
I have no idea what this game was. We didn't see anyone doing it.
Ditto for this game. We didn't see anyone doing it. There was a white bucket about 15-20 feet away. I assume that they had to assemble the grey gutter type things to allow the balls to roll down it in to the white buckets. I'm not sure what would hold the gutters together.

That's the think I love about going to other countries. You get to see regular people going about their daily lives. And sometimes, just like this, you see things you've never seen before. So many mysteries!

Sadly, this is our last day. We're not looking forward to our 3 a.m. wake-up call tomorrow and then traveling all day. We are to arrive home around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday night. I do hope I'll be able to adjust to the time change and get a good night's sleep because once I'm home, I hit the ground running! The rest of my week looks like this:

Wednesday:
Pick up party favors for Paige's Bridal luncheon.
Grocery store.
Order floral arrangment for luncheon.
Cook for family dinner tonight--Morgan's going-away party.
Laundry.
Go through the mail. 
Set the table.

Thursday:
Bridge with Connie.
Assemble treat bags.

Friday:
Pick up floral arrangement.
Bridal luncheon.
Pre-wedding party at the Johnny Cash Museum.

Saturday:
The wedding.

Okeedokee then. See you when I get home--not sure when!


2 comments:

  1. That's a very busy week you have planned! Hope that you escape the dreaded jet-lag, but I guess you are going anti clockwise around the world so will be 'going back in time' which should help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is fun to see how everyday things abroad can be so foreign to us. Safe travels, I hope you can sleep on the planes, you are going to need it. Weddings are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.