Monday, March 7, 2022

Me on Monday AND a Mystery

Everybody already knows my devotion to tea---AND---all thing British. Well, I'm having a bit of a "tea" problem. 

I prefer black tea--loose--as if there's any other way! Anyway, I prefer black tea. In fact, I've never met one I didn't like. Until now. 

A while back, when I was running low on Fortnum and Mason's tea that I carried home from London, Butch found it for me at William Sonoma. There were many choices, so instead of picking one to surprise me, he just told me about it. Of course, I immediately ran over to the mall to check it out. I had already checked directly with Fortnum and Mason, but the shipping was crazy expensive--like $25.00--which later didn't seem all that bad when I wanted to purchase some Christmas ornaments. Funny how that happens. When you want something bad enough "you don't care what it costs!" Actually, that's my line!

Anyhoo, I ran on over to WS. They had a small selection and I was thrilled. I opted for this one:
First of all, I'm going to admit right now that I am heavily influenced by a name. I have many teas that I picked solely for the name: Twinings "The Strand" (which is the street where Twinings is located--original location in London that I visit every time, Twinings "William & Kate" memorial tea from the wedding (old, I know, I'm saving it and only having it for special occasions--like Harry and Meghan's wedding), Fortnum & Mason's Royal Jubilee, and anything with Earl Grey in the name. Love me a good Earl Grey! 

Sooo, I thought I would love "Victoria Grey"--I mean, come on--royalty, black tea, and grey---what's not to like. Except I don't. I don't know what it is. It's a mystery for sure. There's some flavor that I just don't care for. I've tried. Oh, how I've tried! But I just can't do it.

Now here's the thing. You know my multiples problem? Well, I couldn't get just one tin, I got TWO!!! I thought of giving one away, but I don't know anyone else who brews their tea from the actual leaves Most are "bag" people. But, oh, no, not me! So what to do with a tea I don't like? I guess I'll just bury it deep within my assorted teas collection. At least I love the tin!!

And that's me on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.