Monday, March 14, 2022

Me On Monday

Why do I do this to myself? 

Before I get to that, let me tell you about my week. It was a fun week. I basically took the week off from "work." Of course, I mean "home" work--since I don't work outside of the home. 

Taking a week off means that I did not do a single thing on my "to do" list--which is 2-double column, pages long!! To be clear, this list contains everything I need to do, buy, call, plan, organize, etc. I like having everything in one place. 

By taking the week off, I should also qualify that to mean "the mornings." I work in the morning only---except for cooking dinner. So now we're really getting down to it. I didn't do anything from my "to do" list. But I did scrapbook nearly every day--except Wednesday and Thursday when I had a doctor appointment in the morning, met a friend for lunch and then played bridge on Thursday. I managed to scrapbook 7 days counting the weekends. Like I said, it was a fun week.

So, yesterday as I went up to scrapbook, I had something nagging at me. It's been eating at me for a few days: When am I going to decorate for Easter? Or, am I going to decorate for Easter? Then I looked at the calendar to see how much time was left and how often we'd be out-of-town. I have no excuse. There's plenty of time. Plus, if I don't decorate, then that means I won't enjoy my Easter needlepoint. After all, I only get to use it once a year. I decided that I needed to do it. 

This is what I'm dealing with:
Butch helped me haul it all down. Then I began. 
This banner was a family craft project several years ago.
It was pretty simple: ribbon, staples, scissors, buttons, and glue. I just found a bunny pattern online and printed it out as a pattern. The grey was a sort of heavy twill. The banner part was assorted Easter prints cut out with pinking shears. We just stapled the banner pieces to organdy ribbon and tied little, random pieces of ribbon in between. Adding mother-of-pearl buttons for eyes was the finishing touch.
This Easter egg pillow came from Hobby Lobby years ago.
Assorted, random pieces along with one of my needlepoint eggs. There's a set of nesting eggs and a bird's nest with eggs.
I have quite a few Beatrix Potter figurines. The vintage, wooden thread spools decorated with eggs, ribbon, pins, and charms were another family craft project about 10 years ago.


It takes a lot of time to carefully place each item to make it look completely haphazard!
My needlepoint Easter train pillows.

Easter basket door wreaths. I can't even remember how old these are. 

Well, that's about it for Easter decorating. It really only took me about an hour. I just don't know what's the matter with me. I don't really enjoy seasonal decorating anymore. It used to be fun, but now it's just work. Plus, it's not like the kids are little to get a kick out of it. I need to do more entertaining to make it worthwhile. Yeah, that's what I need to do. Okay, excuse me while I plan something.

3 comments:

  1. You definitely need to show off your lovely Easter decor - it all looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nicely done, I love the glass tabletop vignette. And you are right, it does take a lot of tweaking to get it "nearly perfectly." You definitely have the knack, as I get bogged down choosing just 3 -5 items. I haven't really done seasonal decorating since the kids were in high school, except for Christmas. And I do like the extra closet space is allows me (for other junk!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely things there (I especially like your train cushions), and the effect of all that decorating is charming - clearly worth the effort :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.