Thursday, March 17, 2022

Five Things Thursday

1. You know you're getting old when you can't figure out why your cookies are not browning.
Then you discover that you baked them on two cookie sheets.
Just so you know, it can be done. They just take twice as long!

2. You know you're getting old when you start getting emails for heavy-duty toenail clippers.
Otherwise known as horse hoof trimmers.

3.  You know you're getting old when you start getting emails about products for high blood pressure.
To be clear, I do not have high blood pressure!

4. You know you're getting old when you notice that your proboscis (I'm sure "Grammarly" will be impressed with this unique word) and ears seem to be getting bigger. My ears seem okay, but it's my nose that seems to be getting bigger. I've noticed that with old people, so I looked it up. Here's the answer:

As you age, gravity causes the cartilage in your ears and nose to break down and sag. This results in droopier, longer features.

So, it's not my imagination. All I can say is--sheesh! As if the lines and wrinkles aren't enough, you start to look like Pinnochio without even fibbing!

5. And my favorite of all--you know you're getting old when...
...your calendar is bigger than you are!! OMGosh! Here's the story:

I was at my friend, Nancy's for our "circle journal" group. We were trying to decide the next date we'd be getting together. I literally guffawed when Nancy pulled this thing out! Seriously? It's hilarious! Of course, I use my iPhone. Some of the other girls have the checkbook size calendars in their purse. But this...it's too much! To be fair, Nancy has always been my funniest friend!!

What things can you add to the list?

PS Notice my Princess Diana scarf? Love that thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.