Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays!

I didn't buy anything this week. In fact, other than the grocery store, I haven't been in any stores. I was too busy getting ready for Mindy's birthday---and seeing movies. Last week we saw Bohemian Rhapsody (absolutely fantastic---everything I though I knew about Queen was wrong!) and Instant Family (Mark Wahlberg says it all---so, so good).

I'm going to use the post for some holiday decor I've seen that has impressed me this past week.
I saw this huge wreath in an office building. I don't think I've ever seen a square wreath. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
 This was at the mall in Charlotte when we got there at 6 a.m. As you can see, there weren't too many people around.
As a matter of fact, I've never seen the Apple Store this empty. Plus it's the hugest Apple Store I've ever seen. There were a few people. Now I know when the best time to go!
 The Christmas lights at Belle Meade Country Club are beautiful.
This picture really doesn't do it justice. I love white lights. I also like it when the lights are all the same. I've never seen that you could buy just red  or any other color lights. It's always just white or multi-colored.
 This was so simple, yet so pretty: a glitter reindeer, Christmas tree skirt and some fresh greens and berries.
 "Nutty" back on the front porch. Butch and I used to carry it around from the garage. Mindy helped one year and proclaimed they were the "Nutty processors!" That girl cracks us up!
After 20 years, we put it in the car and drove it around. Now Nicky helps Butch with it. He's seen better days. You can see his face is starting to crack.
Sara, my garden girl did my winter pots. I just love them. You can see my pansies peeking out from the greens!
There really couldn't be anything simpler---just trim the greens from around your yard and stick them in your pots! Love it.

That's it for today! What unusual decorations have you seen this year?

1 comment:

  1. What a clever way to 'Christmasify' your planters - a great idea. Love your Nutcracker soldier - those cracks on his face are just like the wrinkles on mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.