Friday, December 7, 2018

Food and Drink Friday!

I've had quite a few food related things I've wanted to share for awhile now. So let's get started.
This bread from Sara Lee is soooo good! Butch likes the butter bread and so do I, but I mostly stick to the multi-grain---only 45 calories a slice. The best thing about this bread---it stays soft forever!! I know that means it probably has a lot of preservatives, but I don't care. I only like really soft bread!
An ice cream cone has become one fo my favorite treats--at only 20 calories for the cone.
If you add Halo Top ice-cream--where you can have the whole container for 300 calories, One scoop makes this treat about 95 calories. A pretty satisfying treat.
Mindy made these acorns for Thanksgiving. She took them to Florida, so I've never actually tasted them. They are candy kisses topped with Nutter Butter minis and a butterscotch chip on top. It's all held together with some melted chocolate. So darn cute!
Mindy sent me this picture of the sugar cubes at Disneyworld. Every detail---so awesome!
I've been trying to find this lemon gin since I got home from England. It was so good. Although our liquor stores carry Sipsmith, they don't carry the flavored ones. Walter is trying to find it in St. Louis for me.
My British friend, Diane, sent me this picture of the many other flavors they have. She was at a gin tasting.
I've added this picture because this is my favorite quick and cheap meal. You can make it in under 5 minutes---Campbells soup with peanut butter crackers.
Talk about cheap, I really couldn't believe this. Shrimp skewers for $1.25? We didn't get those, but we did get the deviled crab for $1.50 each. Those were really good. We had macaroni and cheese along with peas to round out the meal. Can't get much cheaper than that. It's not like I'm trying to make cheap meals, it just excites me when I do!!

And lastly, there's this:
Ya' gotta' love this time of year when the stores have complimentary snacks! Can't get any cheaper than FREE!!!

Do you have any favorite foods or finds? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.