Thursday, December 6, 2018

That Time of Year...

...at our house!
I actually enjoy cleaning the champagne flutes for the season. I don't know why, but Christmas is the only time I serve champagne---with frozen cranberries floating on top.
 And of course, the packages are rolling in!
 I try to wrap as I go along. The boxes are the gifts we took to Charlotte at Thanksgiving.
The dining room table is my favorite to decorate. It's just a conglomeration of "stuff" set upon an antique tablecloth.
Since I found out that no one in the family (besides me---maybe Butch) like the elves, this is the only one I used. I do love the needlepoint with the frilly bows and bells on top.
 Ditto for the Santas. But, I'll keep this one because I've always liked the clock theme.
 I found the little vintage bells years ago at an antique mall. We had some similar when I was growing up, but the angels had letters that spelled "NOEL." There were bells too. I've already mentioned the vintage spindles in another post. I use the salt and pepper shakers (ornaments on the left) as part of my decor. The little wooden chairs were gifts from Connie a few years back.
You can never go wrong with a few books. Plus they help to elevate things. The apothecary bottle is not old, but the peppermint label is.
I always use greenery of some sort. This centerpiece was in the living room for about 20 years. When I retired it from there, it was the perfect addition here. I really like the snowman hats spray. When I bought that a few years ago, it was the only one left.
I had not planned to put this tree up this year. The ladies I hire each year to decorate the outside, haul down this tree and put the lighted garland in the entry, had told me last year they were retiring. There was no way I was going to do all of that by myself. Then, one of the "younger" girls took over with her even younger, daughter-in-law. I was thrilled to have them. It's just too much work when you don't entertain much anymore.
I kept the mantle really simple. Basically, I kept my regular decorations and added a few Christmas things and that big clock.
 These needlepoint pillows adorn the couch every year.

 I keep flowers here all through the season. Actually, it will be the same flowers as they last that long.
 Sandy gave me this little glass tree last year. I added the snowman and Santa since they looked like the same glass.
 This is the first time I've hung this in about 20 years. It's just been hanging in the Christmas closet.
I bought this 45 years ago---it's a cross-stitch. I love anything Norman Rockwell. I didn't stitch it, but this was around the time I got in to stitching.
 The Murano Christmas trees are some of my favorite decorations. I added the tree topper and the pearl and sequin covered ornaments this year. I need to get candy for the dish!
My second favorite thing to decorate is the entry table. That cloth thing you see is actually a pillow sham that I got on clearance years ago. I only use it in my Christmas decorating. I originally thought I'd use it on a bed, but never did. I love anything sparkly, hence the glitter joy ornament, pinecones, tree and reindeer. more clocks.
I'm all over anything Scrabble related!
This is what it looks like when I light it up at night. The little lights came from Pier One. If I'd known about the Target ones for $3.00, I would have bought those.
I took a little video of the multi-colored, lighted Christmas tree on the table, but I can't get it to play. We've had this decoration for years. Our tree is really pretty this year. We ordered it fresh from our church. A group goes to North Carolina the week of Thanksgiving. It's been nearly two weeks now and there is no drooping whatsoever. We'll be doing that again next year.

I'm going to be posting some fun pictures from family and friends on Saturday. So, if you have something you'd like to share, send it to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that all looks absolutely beautiful, like something out of a film set - I am going to have to seriously up my game this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.