Wednesday, December 19, 2018

What I Buy Wednesday

I didn't buy much this week, but what I did, I got a bargain on!
 For once, I went to Sam's and bought ONLY what I went for! No impulse. buying this time. Plus, I sent Butch yesterday for few more things---Sister Shubert rolls, Oscar Mayer bacon and frozen meatballs---just so I wouldn't be tempted! My trip included the mixed nuts for the triple batch of party mix I make every year. We need lots of green beans for the bundles that we no longer bundle. And lastly, that cheese and caramel popcorn mix that is so good. Morgan wanted me to get her a bag. So, we'll have some over the weekend (the family moves in on Saturday night and stays until after Christmas dinner). Then, I'll send the rest home with Morgan. Quite a bargain at $6.00 bag and soooo good. Just like Garrett's in Chicago, without all the fat!

After stopping at Sam's---I timed it so that I would get to Michaels when they opened at 9 a.m. (that's the thing I like about Sam's---I can go as early as 7 a.m.!). I've already had an original idea (don't have too many of those) for our family craft NEXT Thanksgiving. Nothing like planning early! Really, I knew that Michaels would have their holiday stuff on sale by now.
 And they did. But you shouldn't be fooled. I'm pretty sure Michael's is the original store to mark things up so they can mark them down. These bottlebrush trees were marked $25.00. Of course they were 50% off which is about what I paid from them from Amazon to make my little cars with Christmas trees on top. To my surprise, as I was filling my cart with assorted goodies at half off, a "guy" came along and changed the signs to 70% off!!! Talk about timing! That never happens!
I got quite a bag full of stuff---including wrapping paper for $1.50 a roll. I ran out this year. I'm sure it's not as good of quality as Hobby Lobby, but at a buck and a half a roll, it will work! I love the non traditional aqua and pink. To see what else I bought and what I plan to do with it, you'll have to hang around until Thanksgiving!! I have a plan. Always!
 Side note, I just noticed that instead of cookies at the grocery store, now they give kids fruit!
Publix takes it even one step further---giving kids a choice of fruit. I think that's a good idea, but the cookie lover part of me feels sad for kids! Do they look forward to a trip to the grocery store if fruit is used as an incentive? I think not. Everyone loves cookies! Poor kids.

That's what I bought this week! What about you?

1 comment:

  1. We have a supermarket that does the free fruit for kids too, there used to be a choice of apple, banana or satsuma but they stopped offering banana as - yes, you guessed it - someone slipped on a skin that a child dropped! So it's ok to buy a bunch of bananas and give a child one to eat on the way round, but they can't have a free one!
    Good timing with those little trees - what was the chance of that happening?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.