Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I've said it before...

...the internet is a magical thing!! Look what I woke up to this morning:

Hi Barbara, my name is Nuala Mc Carney. I am looking for a family I stayed with in Nashvile many years ago approximately 30 years .(oh my god didn't realise it was so long ago). I have tried to look before with no luck, however I'd like to try again. I went to Nashvile for 4 weeks with a peace project group, from Co. Fermanagh, Ireland. The family I stayed with had 3 daughters. The family was so kind and I had just a ball and would love to hear from them especially their middle daughter Steph. I know the daughter my age was called Steph.

I am so sorry for bothering you but maybe you could let me know if this was your family or not. I won't be insulted if you do not wish to get in touch thereafter. Thanks Nuala. X


Back in the 90's, we participated in "The Ulster Project." Catholic and Protestants teens from Northern Ireland were brought here for a month during the summer. We enjoyed Nuala so much. Stephanie and I were just talking about her recently. I'm so happy that they are now going to re-connect. 

Maybe Ireland would be a good honeymoon destination!?!

8 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I'm looking forward now to hearing what happens next in this story

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to hear from her and to reconnect! That was surely a wonderful way to start your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise to discover :) Looking forward to hearing more about it as the story develops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! Thank goodness she tried again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful is this! Looking forwards tomWhat Happens Next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara, That's a great start to the day. So glad she found you. Yes, the internet working in this way is wonderful.
    Thanks for your recent comments. Just getting back into regular blogging again and really appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a beautiful story, she found ya. I know I just log to visit and to blog.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.