Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Entertainment

I wanted to take just a minute to discuss a few things that have been entertaining me lately. First off, I've already mentioned The Great Gatsby, but this time, I thought I would include a little clip:
The Great Gatsby (sorry about the commercial). I love the clothes, cars, rooms and the music is so good too.

Books:
I finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Excellent. So good that we've added it to our family book club for our vacation along with Proof of Heaven. All I can say about Gone Girl without giving anything away is that it's about a relationship between a husband and wife with all kinds of twists and turns along the way. It should be a great discussion about how people act and how we interact with them.

I am also reading American Pickers. Normally, I don't read more than one book at a time, but this is completely different---it's not like you have to try to follow two different story lines.

Right now, I'm reading Jodi Picoult's latest: The Storyteller. Are you surprised that I would be drawn by the title? My first thought was: "hey, wait, she didn't call me for an interview!" Then I realized it wasn't about me. I'm only a quarter of the way in to the book, but it has grabbed me from the start. It is one I find hard to put down. My most favorite book of hers ranks in my top ten: My Sister's Keeper. If you haven't read that, it's a definite 10! All of her books have you facing a moral dilemma. She lays out both sides which makes it hard to see which is "right." There's always more to the story than meets the eye.

TV:
So many tv shows have been cancelled. I hate when they do that and you never know how it ends. Well, I have to give it to Smash. They wrapped up ALL the story lines in a 2 hour season finale. It was really good and I'm so glad that I got to see how it ended. I wish all series would do that instead of just disappearing.

Jimmy Kimmel is just hilarious. I don't watch him regularly because he comes on too late for me. But the stuff he comes up with keeps me rolling on the floor! Take this new little show he's put together about his nephew, Wesley. It's called The Baby Bachelor. Check it out here. It's about 4 minutes long, but is so darn cute!

Music:
You just can't beat Pandora. Now that we have it synced with our television, I can listen to my own personal playlists anytime. Steph even hooked Pandora up to our sound system so we could have 80's music out at the pool. The only problem with that is someone has to go in and "tell" it that we are "still listening." I might just upgrade the free app by paying a small fee for the year---then it's commercial free.

Food:
Connie has given me permission to post her recipe. It doesn't get any easier than this.

Chocolate Eclair Cake
Club Crackers
2 lg. pkgs. French Vanilla instant pudding (I used 3 small which equals the 2 lg.)
3 cups milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 can chocolate frosting

48 hours ahead of serving (very important), make the pudding and fold in the Cool Whip. While it is setting up, layer crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Pour half the pudding over the crackers. Add another layer of crackers. Spread remaining pudding and top with another layer of crackers. Refrigerate. On the day of serving---in the morning, remove foil from frosting. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Pour over crackers. Put back in the refrigerator until serving time.

I am finding this little baby entertaining---everyone loves babies!
Brynn Jasper was born on April 30 to Mike and Marci. So far, she's been a pretty good baby---or so they say---I haven't met her yet!
And finally, I am loving my new blog look!!

4 comments:

  1. Your new look screams summer....I just love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog look is so fresh! I love it. I'm seeing a couple of anon messages here..and that reminds me. I had an email to you bounce back to me again the other day..I'm wondering was it the one I sent in answer to your question about turning off anon comments? I tried to ask you in another email, but it bounced back too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog look is yummy! It makes me think of summer icecreams. And I love the bunting too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright,summery colours as well.
    Thanks for the review of 'Gone Girl....my DD1 has just bought it....so now I know it's one to borrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.