Wednesday, October 5, 2022

What I Buy Wednesday!

Well, I did it again. When will I learn?

I'm a sucker for anything that is supposed to make your hair appear fuller and thicker. That makes me ripe for the pickin'! 

A couple weeks ago, I saw a Facebook ad for some hair thickening hairspray. Okay, I'll bite! It was $20.00. That took me back to the days when I actually did spend 20 bucks for a can of hairspray--you know, the late 80's early 90's--a time of BIG hair?
I know people laugh at these hairstyles today, but I loved my hair like this. It took a lot of hairspray to keep it full looking. 

Fast forward to today.

I need all the help I can get!

So I made the purchase--actually, I bought 2 because if you bought two, it was only $30.00. I'm also a sucker for a bargain!

Well, it came in.
I put the scissors in the picture so you could see the scale. The hairspray is about the size of a tube of lipstick. Are you kidding me? 

You might be asking, "Well, Barb, did you look at the number of ounces?" The short answer is "No." The long answer is "No, I din it! Even if I did, I have no idea how many ounces anything looks like." Unless it's cooking. I'm not sure cooking ounces are the same as spraying ounces. Actually, I know nothing about ounces.

Looking on the bright side, they are perfect for traveling. On the even brighter side, it works! But, I won't be buying it again--that's for sure! Fool me once... or whatever that saying is!





2 comments:

  1. Now that is a teeny tiny canister of hairspray! Thank goodness it works! I don't think that I would have checked the size either, I'd have just assumed that for that money it would be a normal size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How handy for travel. I use so little hairspray that I used to get by on the travel size (normal travel size, mind you) that my hairdresser gave me at Christmas each year. I would switch it out each year, even if not empty. I hate the idea of washing my hair and then immediately making it sticky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.