Thursday, August 8, 2019

One of Those Days

Yesterday, I was on kind of a tight schedule. That's when things that can go wrong, do go wrong. But not yesterday! At least not at first.

I left early for my monthly Xolair infusion---7:00 a.m. I had a hair appointment at 9:00 a.m. which was cutting it pretty close. My treatment appointment wasn't until 8:30, but I knew I could count on them to take me early. It's kind of a long process.

Anyway, I expected the rush hour traffic and there was. But the beauty---I hit every light exactly right and sailed down! I was there in 20 minutes. They took me early and I was out by 8:45. Again, I hit all the lights exactly right and ended up arriving 5 minutes early for my hair appointment. I love it when that happens. I am NEVER late and always allow plenty of time to make sure that I'm not. This time, I did alert my hairdresser (gosh, that's an old fashioned word---is that still correct?) that I might be a few minutes late. I wasn't.

When I finished there---2 hours later---I was heading to Trader Joe's. I have never been. I've been wanting to go since, well, forever. I always hear Trader Joe's this and Trader Joe's that. It's even in  Green Hills---which I always frequent---so it's not like it's out of the way. I've just never taken the time to stop. But that parking lot!!! NEVER AGAIN! NEVER, EVER, NEVER! Oh my gosh! It's insane. Still, I managed to luck out with a spot as someone else was leaving. Inside was worse than the parking lot. It's not a huge store. It was packed. There didn't seem to be an organized way people were shopping---just carts every which way, everywhere. I could barely move. I browsed a little and picked up a few things. When I was ready to leave, it took me longer to get out of the parking lot than I actually spent inside the store! I am not kidding! There were two long lines feeding into one exit which was at a light. The light only let about 5 cars go at a time---and it takes a long time to get the light again. I guess all the former green lights I got made up for this one red!

The worst part of having to spend so much time getting out of the parking lot was that I still had to stop at another grocery store to finish my shopping. I am a one stop shopper. I wasn't happy to have to go somewhere else---and Green Hills Kroger to boot! As it turned out, the normal chaos in the parking lot seemed like a breeze after Trader Joe's.

Once I got home, I took a deep breath and had a calm afternoon!

Whew! I'm glad I got that out of my system!


1 comment:

  1. Oh that was not a good Trader Joes experience - one of my pet hates is trying to find a parking space in a crowded car park. There is a great underground car park near us and the bays have lights above them that change from green to red when a car goes into it so you just have to look up for where the green lights are to find a space - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.