Monday, May 20, 2024

Me on Monday

Last week, I was at Sandy's on Mother's Day, so yesterday, we celebrated here in Nashville with Stephanie, Mindy and the boys. We turned it in to our first pool day and barbecue of the season. Steph is the only one who got in the water. She stayed in for quite awhile, so I guess it wasn't too cold. Justin grilled the steak while Butch did most of the other food prep.

How about some "throwback" pictures of my babies?







Now on to the gifts!

My girls know what I like! Here's proof:
Sandy gave me this cookbook along with the stand. It happens to be one of her and Greg's  favorites. I've already ear-marked some new recipes to try. And then, candy. I love candy! Always have!

Stephanie said that Mother's Day was about pampering.
She gave me these super-soft jammies with some comfy slippers! PINK!  Just like a little kid, I had to wash them right away so I could wear them.

Mindy brought me some beautiful hydrangeas. I do love flowers. But it's the vase that is so darn cute.
I have never seen a vase like this---a ceramic book. It just happens to be a favorite book of mine too--The Great Gatsby. But talk about a coincidence---when she handed the flowers to me, I whipped this out:
OMGosh! I just picked up this little magazine in New York. I wanted to show the girls and tell them that we need to see this. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I can't wait to see this one. What are the odds?

So, there's my Monday report and Mother's Day review all in one. I love my "girlies" and how they continually surprise me with fun gifts. 

You know, people my age always say they don't need anything. I've said it too, and it's true. I don't need a thing. But, I don't think I'll ever get too old to enjoy fun presents. Come on. Who doesn't like a surprise? I know I sure do! My girls do it so well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.