Thursday, May 2, 2024

April by the Numbers

Trips Taken: 2--Girls trip to the beach:
and the Windmills & Tulip Cruise:

Movies Seen: 2  
A Cat's Life--4 stars--about a little girl, her cat and life changes. 
Wicked Little Letters--5 stars--this movie was so good and quirky. Olivia Coleman plays Edith Swan--a 30 year old spinster living with her parents in 1920's England. She starts to receive letters full of filthy language. Turns out, this is a true story. I've researched it a bit and have added it to my list of places to visit the next time we go.

Books Read:
I read 13 books this month, but these were the only 5 stars in my book--pun intended!
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry--this book was about a bookstore owner in Cape Cod who finds an infant in his store one night. 

The Inmate--psychological thriller about a single mother who returns to her hometown after the death of her parents. Memories of her past begin to haunt her when she takes a job at the federal prison where the father of her child, who once tried to kill her, is serving a life sentence for a triple homicide.

The Boys--I listened to this book narrated by Ron & Clint Howard. All about their family growing up. I loved it!



Ten Years Gone--this is one of our book club books. I love books set in the time period of WWII, but had decided I need a break from them. So, when I started this book, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it--especially since it's the first in a series of 8. The obsessive part of me now has to read the other 7. Once I started the book, it didn't take long for me to get in to it. 



Lunches Out: 11

Dinners Out: 1--Bonefish Grill 

Scrapbook Layouts Completed: 9

All in all, it was a fun, productive month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.