Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Travel Tuesday

Even though we came home a day early, it didn't really spoil our trip. When we arrived on Wednesday, it was really hot and humid. I walked down to the the shrimp--I always get it and cook it up for the week. It's just so good and fresh. I can't get enough. But it was a hot walk--I was drenched by the time I got back. 

Luckily, the humidity waned. The weather was absolutely perfect--exactly how I like it on the beach--cool and breezy. The water--even though I don't get in--but I do walk along surf--was not too cold at all. I stayed under the umbrella as is my habit. I used 30 sunblock--but since it's the spray type, I forgot about my face. That white sand really reflects the sun. As a result, my face got burned--luckily, not seriously.


This looked like a lot of fun. Each side has 4 buckets of water. Toss a wiffle ball (or Pickleball). If you get the ball in the bucket, then it is removed. The object is to remove all of your buckets. 
We were at the beach all day on Thursday. We had planned to go back down for the sunset, but by then we had already showered. So, we just had happy hour on our porch and enjoyed the sunset from there.
We had reservations on Friday night at Cafe Tango. It's one of our most favorite places--definitely upscale. 

Another of our most favorite places is Goatfeathers. We went there for lunch one day. I had planned to get the scallops--they are the best I've ever had. But then, the shrimp tacos were the special of the day, so we went with that. We also got the new appetizer--barbecue shrimp--New Orleans style. It was huge--there were 18 shrimp. We ended up taking some of them home. Goatfeathers never disappoints!

I'll be heading back to the beach in about a week and a half with my girlfriends. It always seems like a vacation when we go. Well, actually, I guess it IS a vacation!

1 comment:

  1. I always wonder which beach it is that you go to for these trips! That sand looks absolutely beautifully soft and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.