Saturday, April 15, 2023

Scrapbook Saturday

I've decided that for today, I'd show you how I deal with scraps. There are always some little bits and pieces left after I do a layout. Right then, I take the time to cut them in to little strips, or use a square and round punch. I keep the punched bits in a little container:
As a result, I have all kinds of odds and ends. They come in handy for a quick and easy layout. Not much thinking involved.
The circles are so easy and make a cute layout. They are 2"and then you just fold up each side for this fun idea.It doesn't matter what the colors or designs are. Just make them and put them down.
I whipped this layout together this week with just using the punched, random squares from leftover bits. I simply laid them out to border the page. So easy. I used the Ali Edwards "delight" kit for the title and all three pockets. I hand-journaled and put the journaling in the pockets. Simple. 

I couldn't find the picture of the layout I did with the 1.5"x3" strips. Those I just fold in half and line them up down the side of the layout--about 3 rows. It's cute, easy and the random colors and patterns just work. 

Cutting or punching your leftover bits prepares you for some really quick and easy layouts that go with just about any pictures. There's not a lot of thinking involved. Just do it!




1 comment:

  1. Kudos for making good use of small scraps - and of course you would have them all organized in a little container!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.