Monday, April 3, 2023

Me on Monday

Okay, so all of my fine readers know that I can be a bit obsessed now and then. Well, there’s one thing I have NEVER admitted that I do—frequently. I’ve never mentioned it because I know it’s “over-the-top” ridiculous. Nonetheless, I do it anyway. 


It’s about the bathroom rugs. 


What made me decide to confess this was the deterioration of the rugs in the master bath (or primary bath if you prefer I be politically correct). We have the most wonderful heated floors in our bathroom. I love them and will routinely go in there in winter and warm up my constantly cold feet. Anyhoo, there is a little problem with those floors. They cause the non-skid backing on the throw rugs to dry out and disintegrate. You might wonder why I bother with rugs in the first place. Well, the answer is, I LIKE THEM--and the looks of them. 


See what I mean? Looks better with the rugs, right?

Recently, I had to replace them. That’s what reminded me of my other ridiculous obsession. I refer to it as my "Flush and Fluff" fetish!


I just can’t use the bathroom, flush and go (also washing my hands, of course). I have to (what I fondly refer to as) “flush and fluff” before I leave the bathroom. What that means is after washing my hands, I back out of the bathroom, stopping to lift the rug and re-lay it so all the footprints are gone. I know it’s crazy, but it looks so nice--that fresh-washed appearance that no one has walked on. 


Before:

After:

Subtle for sure, but it makes me happy. 

Actually, that’s how I like all of my rugs. If I could figure out how to keep ALL the carpet in my house from looking walked on, I’d be in heaven. Crazy, I know, but there it is. The things I find to worry about!

PS Butch is seeing this for the first time--even he didn't know I do this. All I've got to say is that sometimes it's really hard being me!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of 'flush and fluff' before! We have rugs in our shower room and bathroom, purely because I don't like wet feet on a tiled floor when I get out of the bath/shower. I have a friend who likes to have 'tram lines' after she has hoovered her carpets so I can see where you are coming from with not liking footprints!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.