Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday Frustrations

I hate that it seems like I'm always complaining about something lately. Usually I consider myself a pretty positive person. But all I can say is "the pool"! That pretty much says it all. 

So here's the situation. We've had pool problems upon pool problems. Now we have a leak. I'm going to just cut to the chase. I had an emergency situation. I frantically called our pool guy and texted him--knowing full well he wouldn't respond until the next day. It still amazes me that you cannot get in touch with him in case of an emergency. He only works 8-5 and NO weekends. Our other two emergencies were on weekends. 

When he did respond, this is what I got at 7:45 a.m. the next morning via text:






See what I'm dealing with here? And you wonder why I complain! You just can't make this stuff up!! Seriously, he doesn't realize he's texting me ON MY PHONE?? For crying out loud---that's my number!

We need to do something. This 38 yr. old house is hemorrhaging $$$$'s. One thing after another. You know how it goes. The joys of home ownership. I'm just sick of dealing with it all. 

I cannot end this on such a sour note. So, since it is Friday, I prefer to leave you with a funny. 

Yesterday, I was listening to the Kelly and Ryan Show--but her husband, Mark was sitting in. She started reporting about a woman in a state park who dropped her phone down a porta-potty. She used her dog leash and was trying to lower herself when she fell head first. Luckily, she found her phone and was able to call 911!! 

I cannot imagine the horrors! Okay, this is way worse than my problem! To hear Kelly tell it was hilarious! She said the only time she'd go after her phone is if one of her children were attached to it! I'm not sure I'd do it even then!


2 comments:

  1. As I was reading this I was thinking 'but he must know her number because he is texting her' - I'd love to see his face when you mention this fact to him! Hopefully he will be able to sort out the problem, I can imagine that maintenance of a pool must be pretty costly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kinda funny that he didn't realize he could just call, but I won't laugh as I have had those one-track-mind moments myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.