Wednesday, May 18, 2022

What I Buy Wednesday

Well, I've spent a relaxing week at the beach with my "homies." We did nothing but sit on the beach--even me, who hates the beach! Actually, I hate the beach when it's hot! We rented the chairs, so there was no hauling involved. The weather was absolutly perfect. It's busier than I've ever seen it down here--Santa Rosa Beach, FL. Really, pretty mind-boggling considering it's always been a sleepy little, private community. Now, it seems, everyone knows about the place. Even the squirrels!! We were literally attacked one morning--over and over as we were eating our breakfast! 

We ate, we talked and talked and talked, we laughed, had happy hours at the pool, read, did our Wordle, watched many shows and walked a lot. We walked to all the restaurants close by. We only actually went out once (aside from a couple trips to the grocery store). Basically, we did NOTHING! Somehow with all that nothing  we did, I did NOT have time for blogging!

On Tuesday night--or I should say, late afternoon--we were at Louis Louis (one of our favorite restaurants) by 4:45. Yeah, I know, we're old! But it wasn't that at all. We found out that the outlet mall was open until 8 p.m. and decided to go after dinner. We did.

That leads me to what I bought.
I could not resist these darling shoes from J. Crew. Considering I have--probably--a hundred pairs of earrings (hmmm, another thing worth counting), I knew I did not have this exact color--sort of a royal blue. And because one thing leads to another, I knew I needed either a matching or coordinating top/blouse or a pair of slacks to go with them. I stopped at a few places but didn't find anything that met my requirements: pants in a petite length with skinny ankels. Straight legged pants just make me look shorter. Tops and/or blouses are a little trickier. Due to age, gravity, weight loss, or whatever you want to call it, I have to have 3/4 length or long sleeves. Finding nothing at J. Crew or Loft, I was headed to Talbots. I was certain I'd find something there. Once I got there, I ran in to my friends. Wouldn't you know it---the only store that closed at 5 p.m.! Darn! 

Luckily for me, I'll be able to go back sometime this week. The girls left this morning to head home to Nashville, but I'm staying. Butch will arrive around noon-ish and we'll be here for the rest of the week. Surely I'll have time for blogging now!

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were having too much fun to be sitting at a computer keyboard - have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.