Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Travel Tuesday

As you are reading this, we are on a cruise in the Caribbean. I'll probably do a couple posts from here. But, for now, I prepared this one before I left. It's about perspective.

I think it's important to get a different perspective once in awhile. Otherwise, you don't know what you are missing. 

Case in point:
Last Tuesday, I had invited my friends over for our first pool party of the season. As the day drew nearer, the weather wasn't looking good. So instead, I told the gang that we'd just have lunch. Connie was the first to arrive. She was sitting in this chair.
We were just chatting away. She mentioned that everything looked so pretty. Well, as you can see, she was looking out. I was facing her so couldn't really see what she was seeing. Later, I decided to sit in that chair.
It is a pretty nice view. I've been sitting in this chair ever since we moved in to the house 27 years ago. So I've only had one view.
I've had this same perspective all that time. Not bad, but different.
Looking out that side, the Kousa Dogwoods are in bloom. I took the close-up of the blooms because--although you can see them from the sunroom, they don't show up all that well in the picture.
Then I decided to keep going. This is the view from the loveseat.
This is the straight ahead view. Pretty nice views all the way around. Now I need to do this in every room of the house---or at least the ones I sit in. We each have our own spots--and sit in the same one every time. Such creatures of habit we are!

In my quest to pay more attention to the joy around me, I'm glad Connie made that simple comment. It prompted me to get a different perspective. I'm so glad I did!

Give it a try at your place and let me know what you think!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we always gravitate to the same seat! What a lovely room, so many lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lovely view all around, isn't there. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.