Wednesday, December 15, 2021

What I Didn't Buy!

This is going to be the most amazing "What I Didn't Buy" post ever. 

Let me tell you about my friend, Nancy. I posted a picture of her and her beautiful daughters a couple weeks ago.
I mentioned that Nancy was the first person I met in Nashville when we moved here in 1985. Mindy was born in December and Leigh was born in January. Paige was a 2 year old. 
Along with her husband, Bob, we became family friends. They included us in some of their family events. Bob's grandmother, owned a fine antique shop. You know, the kind that regular people can't afford!! Anyway, Bob and Nancy took us to his grandmother's 80th birthday party. She had two Marie Antoinette chairs that she had purchased on a buying trip to France. I was blown away by them. Eventually, she gave Nancy one of them. 

Fast forward to last week. I had purchased a couple upholstered chairs that Nancy was getting rid of for the new bedroom. Butch and I went over to pick them up. That's when she GIFTED the Marie Antoinette chair to me!!! OMGosh! I couldn't believe it! She said that she knew I loved it and it was time for someone else to enjoy it. 

So, without further ado---tada!!!

Just look at the detailed carving of the wood! And, of course, the MA monogram in the center is awesome! Now I just have to figure out where I want to put it. You can be darn sure that I'm not letting anyone sit on an 18th century royal antique! I'm going to tie a ribbon around the seat so no one even tries! But, do I put it in the guest bedroom--since I'll have the French vibe going on in there? Or maybe I need to keep a better eye on it. In the bedroom, someone just might sit on it!! Now I'm thinking maybe in the entry. No one sits on the chair in there. 

Whatever I decide, this has got to be the best "what I didn't buy" post ever! Considering the priceless value of this chair, it is the epitome of what I keep harping on over and over. Our kids don't want our stuff!! 

Thanks Nancy!!! I'll cherish this chair. But most of all, I cherish our friendship of 37 years and counting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.