Monday, December 6, 2021

Monday Mystery

This is probably the most unusual mystery I've every posted. Well, I guess there have been quite a few unusual ones. But this one definitely rates up there.

So. On Friday afternoon, I was talking to my favorite cousin, Chrissy. As we were catching up, I noticed this "lump" on my leg near my knee--kind of on the side. I pressed on it. It sort of startled me because I could feel that it wasn't part of my body. There was something in there. Now, you have to realize, I had worn these black jeans two other times this week--just a couple hours each time. If I'm just sitting around at home, I have some comfortable double knits. 

I jumped up, and reached down in to my jeans. This is what I pulled out:
Apparently, during the laundry process, a pair of black underwear worked their way in to my jeans! I can see that I wouldn't notice it since I wash all blacks together. A pair of black underwear wouldn't show up inside the jeans. Now maybe if I folded jeans, I might have notice a bulge. But, I hang my jeans, so I was none the wiser. 

Now the mystery is this. How in the world did I wear these jeans all week without noticing there was something in them? Or more puzzling, how is it that I didn't push them through with my foot? 

All I've got to say is that's some strong static electricity to hold them in place for so long! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! Lucky you weren't out somewhere and have them just work their way down your leg and fall out in public!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.