Thursday, December 2, 2021

Five Things Thursday

1. I've saved this picture for a year to post. This is my favorite tree for 2020. My friend, Josephine posted it on Facebook.
Our girls went to school together, but I haven't seen her in years. I need to invite myself over this year to see this tree in person! So gorgeous! She really goes all out decorating. This year she posted a video of her entry. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to post videos here. I love all her wrapped gifts surrounding the room. That looks so cool! Check out all those stockings!

Speaking of friends, these girls are the first people we met when we moved to Nashville in 1985.
Leigh (on the left) and Mindy went to school together---they were newborns in 1985. Nancy is my friend who is always up for anything with me! Paige (on the right) lives in New York. This particular restaurant (Rolf's German Restaurant) is decorated for Christmas all year round. It's on my list! I tried to take the girls a couple years ago, but they never answered the phone. Hopefully, one of these days...we already have our plans set for this year. We---the girls and their husbands---leave on Dec. 30 for NYC and the "ball drop!" Another bucket list item. We were supposed to see Hugh Jackman in The Music Man right when the lockdown started. We've been rescheduled for January 1st and decided to keep that date and bring the guys with us! Love New York!

2. If you want a little project to do with your grandkids, this banner would be easy. It's made out of cardboard cutouts and a white marker. Any wide ribbon, or ball fringe (shown here) and clothespins. I could see having each grandchild decorating one house. That would be so cute.
Seriously, if I thought we could squeeze it in, I'd plan it for my girls. They always want craft projects. This one would be easy to replicate with the Circuit. Then, of course, I have every color of glitter glue, sequins and stamps to make it really come alive. Maybe next year!

3. OMGosh! This would have been a perfect "Friday Funny,"...

...but I just couldn't wait!

4. I love this idea! 
I can't think of a nicer way to spend Christmas Eve. But, we do ALL of our gifts on Christmas Eve, so that wouldn't work for us.

5. This turkey charcuterie was posted on Facebook. So cute and pretty simple.

I'm posting the one that Mindy made for our early Thanksgiving. I think it's cuter for sure, but way more work. The one above can be assembled pretty quickly. I'm doing a Christmas party this year, so I might give it a try---the easier one that is!

Let me know if you have any fun ideas and I will be happy to post them for you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.