Wednesday, December 1, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday!

Okay, I succumbed to the $25. shipping and handling fees from Fortnum and Mason in London. Considering I got my order in two days, something tells me they have a distribution center here in the states. I would never have done it if a certain someone who always gets what she wants hadn't requested a couple of the things I posted here.
This ornament is so adorable. I plan to keep it on my window sill all year round!
All of the ornaments are adorable. I put my teapot in the background so you can see the size. I bought that when I was in London with my bookclub a couple years ago. That was my first visit to Fortnum and Mason. Now it's a "must do" when I'm there.
Of course I had to order some Christmas tea too! I'll leave this lovely tin out for the season.

Now on to my Disney purchases:
I always buy tea at Twinings in London and England in Epcot! It makes me feel like I'm there. But there's nothing like the original one on the Strand in London. It's been in that same location for over 300 years. My heart really starts beating as I step on the mosaic embedded in the sidewalk outside the store. I just love everything about it! Yes, I know I can get it at the grocery store, but it's not the same. I'm crazy like that. After all, I am a tea snob! Oh and did I tell you about the gorgeous scarf I didn't buy. I'm having serious non-buyers remorse. I keep thinking how perfect it would be with my pink coat. Sheesh Barb, get over it already! Okay, I'm over it.
And then there are my Starbucks mugs. Since this is the 50th anniversary, I had to get one from every park. I got one for the girls too, but sent them home with Sandy. Sooo, you cannot see the one from Animal Kingdom. I didn't mean to send it with her. I'll pick them up when we go there on December 17th for the weekend. Plenty of time to get them wrapped and under the tree! Ooops, I just realized that Sandy will need to wrap her own! Nah, I'll just give it to her. They all know they are getting it so it's not a surprise. I told them because I didn't want them to buy it.

After what I went through to get those mugs--another long story that I'm not going to go in to--just suffice it to say that there were long lines and then a limit of 2! I know why there's a limit. The mugs are already available on Ebay for $50. Yep 50 bucks. They are overpriced at Disney for $22.95 as is. Normally these mugs are about $12.95. Still, I had to have them. ALL of them. You know my multiples problem. (Luckily, I plan to take several of my mugs to the beach). Hmmm, if I'd foregone them, then perhaps I wouldn't have felt bad about the $95 purchase of that scarf!! Oh well. There I am mentioning it again. Apparently I'm not over it. Okay, that's it. I'll never mention it again.

Lastly, I decided to let the girls pick out their charms for the Pandora bracelets I started for them a few years ago. The plan was that every Thanksgiving, we'd shop for them and then have lunch. This year we wanted to get the 50th anniversary charms exclusive to Disney. Sandy and Stephanie picked this one:


It's cute and reversible! 
This is the one that Mindy and I got.
It's Cinderella's castle. On the bottom, it has the 50th anniversary logo.
Here it is on the far right. A few more years and it will be full. I can't wait! When it's not full, the weight pulls down, so the bracelet hangs under your wrist rather than on top!

Okay that's it for buys, but I do have a few non-buys this week.

I went to Hobby Lobby the week before Thanksgiving to buy wrapping paper and Christmas paper products. Unfortunately, they didn't have any. None, nada, zippo. I'm assuming that it's that whole supply chain thing---like the cargo ships sitting out in the harbor unable to get in. I'm pretty sure most of that stuff is made in China.
Anyway, if you are in to the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, they have a whole line of things that are pretty cute. As you can see, some of it is already gone.
There wasn't much left of this line--oh wait, I guess that's Thanksgiving. No wonder. Still pretty cute.
These Christmas glasses are really nice. They would even make nice gifts or hostess gifts. Now that I think about it, I wish I had picked up a couple. All the Christmas decor is half price. I love Hobby Lobby.

What I didn't buy from Disney:

I couldn't resist taking the toiletries from Disney. I've long since stopped taking them from other hotels, but Disney's are always so nice. Doesn't everyone take them? Perfect if you want to carry on a suitcase and meet the size limits--although I hate it when people carry on their luggage. What a hassle. Butch always ends up rescuing some woman who cannot get her suitcase in the overhead.

Yes, I'm aware the above paragraph is all wonky. Sometimes that happens and there's nothing I can do about it. 

Well, that's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.