Thursday, March 11, 2021

Five Things Thursday

1. 

This little girl had a terrible break. This time it required surgery and a rod. Josie is only 5 and this is her second broken arm--her first one was at age 3! She had "nursemaid's elbow: Nursemaid's elbow is a common injury of early childhood. It is sometimes referred to as "pulled elbow" because it occurs when a child's elbow is pulled and partially dislocates. I can't remember if she was two or three when that happened. Also, she had a fall that made her two front teeth push in. She's been through it! But what she was most unhappy about this time was that they cut her shirt! She loved that shirt!
Here she is with her permanent cast. All smiles! She's a girly girl and loves the sparkles in her cast that you can't see here.

2. So, Janet--my sil--has "hired" me to help her with her remodel. Janet cannot be rushed lest she be overwhelmed. So, I've been giving her weekly assignments. Last week we started on the clean-out. Honestly, if I was there, I would be helping her! Instead, she had this little helper.
Janet said Josie (her granddaughter) was a big help. When she had emptied this drawer, she said, "Ooooh, Gram---this drawer needs wiping out!" I'm glad there's someone to help her. Even a 5 year old can get in to cleaning out and organizing!

3. Little by little we'll get it done. I've asked for pictures, but this is the only ones she's sent so far.
She pulled out all the cooler cups from one of her cabinets. She sorted through them and discarded a bunch.
She reduced the numbers to this. Way to go Janet. 

This week, I'm having her continue cleaning out the cabinets in her kitchen. I've also assigned her 3 floor experts to call to come out and give her bids for refinishing her hardwood floors. I sent her the links so all she has to do is pick up the phone and make the appointments. Remodeling can definitely be overwhelming--where to begin. I ALWAYS start with a list. I've already made that list for Janet including tile, countertop and paint selections. Little by little I'lll stare it with her at the right time so she can make her choices.

After the beach remodel, I said I would never do that long distance again. But since Janet is my "woman on the ground," we CAN do it long distance! Once I get my second shot (again, no explanation necessary!), I'll go in to St. Louis to take her shopping!

4. Mindy sent me this picture over the weekend.
Downtown Nashville as if there wasn't still a pandemic going on! The mask mandate is still in place here, but no one pays any attention to it. Notice the rooftop too!
Exactly one year ago--exact same spot. Not a soul in sight. Tourism completely dried up. We're happy to have the bars and restaurants re-open---even with some restrictions. Hopefully these crowds won't cause a surge in Covid cases. We're on the right side of that now. Let's keep it that way. You know what would help? MASKS!! Just wear them!!

5. On Saturday, my sister, Janice was finally able to move in the her log home in Salem, MO. That was supposed to happen in early December. But you know what they say about best laid plans. 

Anyway, all of us siblings had planned a housewarming "Zoom" party for her. We had everything sent to Jennifer's house. The party didn't happen until Saturday. Or I should say, didn't really happen the way we'd hoped. Internet in the country is very unreliable. Some of us were on Zoom, but Janice and Jennifer were not able to maintain a connection. So, we did a Factime call with me holding my phone in front of my computer for the Zoomers to see. I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with that idea. But my arms were hurting trying to hold up my phone for so long. After spending 45 minutes---on again, off again with the connection, we finally gave up. We did get to see a tour of her "tiny" home. Jennifer sent us videos the next day of Janice opening her gifts.
Jennifer gave her this sign. So cute! When all the gifts were arriving via Fed Ex and UPS, Janice couldn't figure out what all Jennifer and Parvez were getting. She thought they order a LOT of stuff! I'm glad we were able to keep it a surprise. If anybody deserves a party, it's Janice!!

That's it for this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.