Wednesday, February 3, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

Just when I thought I was done with all the buying for the condo, there were a few more things I needed. 

Once we were down there getting everything back in order, I realized that half the silverware was missing. When it's a rental, people get together with other people and need more silverware or glasses and "borrow" from the units. Stuff just doesn't always make it back to where it belongs. We had already gotten rid of the random glasses. 

While I was buying the new silverware, I thought, "Hmmm. I could use some new silverware at home too." So, I bought TWO sets! When they were delivered, Butch said, "We could have taken our old set to the beach." Yes we could. But, I didn't think of that! So now we have new in both places. 
At home.
For the beach. 

Other things I bought for the condo:
New coffee maker for larger groups and a small Kuerig for when there's just one or two coffee drinkers. 

A foot rest for Butch. I can't think of what to call it. You know, that thing you put your legs on. I guess you might call it an ottoman, but it's a cube sort of thing--not really a piece of the furniture. I got one for myself because my short legs do not rest comfortably on the floor when I'm sitting. Butch was envious of it, so I got one for him too! When you are tired, you want to be able to put your feet up.

I bought a couple more decorations for that long hallway wall. 

I bought a colorful cutting board for the counter. 

And I got a couple more pillows.

I also bought a couple of luggage racks--one for each bedroom.

That should be it for the beach now. The whole project was so much fun. There were times when I wasn't so sure that the fun out-weighed the stress. But once we got to the "putting it all together" stage, it was all fun! Hard work, but very fun!

Now if we could just get our little beach cottage doll house put together, we'd be completely finished! It's coming along. I had no idea how much time something like that took! Steph is working on it with us. I think two more sessions should do it. At least I hope so. I want to take it to the beach when we go back at the end of February.

Update:
I posted earlier about all of the organizational containers I got on sale from Lakeside. Well, once I started to use them, many did not fit the space. I'd forgotten that everything is a little smaller at the beach. Still, I managed to use most of the containers, just not in the kitchen. I used them in the pantry and the bathrooms. A few I brought home. It's all good. You can never have too many containers for organizing!





1 comment:

  1. Love the flatware choices, especially the second set. I will admit that I have more flatware sets than I should have, but I do rotate through them when we have guests over. And I beg to differ - I do have too many organizational containers, mostly because I keep reorganizing the craft supplies. After pawning off many on my kids and even to hubby for the garage, I still have extras in a bedroom closet. They tend to call my name every time I am in a home store like TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.