Monday, October 1, 2018

Monday Mystery

Last week, I was sitting in the family room and saw something big out of the corner of my eye---outside. BIG! Really BIG! So I got up to look out the window and saw it again! BIG I tell you! I was inside the house and it made me yelp and jump back! It was fast. I tiptoed in to the kitchen and there it was, just as BIG as you please, sitting on top of the roof. I was able to snap a picture:
 This is standing back in the family room, looking through the kitchen window.
The picture is not all that great, but I was afraid to get any closer, lest A. It would fly off and B. well, I just didn't want to get any closer in case it could attack me through the window!

It's a black vulture! Those things are huge---HUGE!
Here's a close up picture I pulled off the internet. It's 25" long and has a wingspan of 5.5 ft. Yeah, that's what I saw!

Now you know why I freaked! They feed on carcasses of dead animals. That made me wonder what died on the patio that attracted it! No way was I going out there!

It will remain a mystery.

Perhaps it was after my fish like what happened a few years ago:
You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.