Friday, October 19, 2018

What's Happenin'!

It's been awhile since I've done a post like this.

Thinking: While in the shower. Does everyone use their shampoo as their body wash, or just me? I guess it all started years ago when I used the lather from my shampoo as my shaving cream. I don't shave much anymore since I have little hair, but I still use that lather to wash with. Is there anything wrong with that? I'd say it's the essence of re-purposing!

Thankful: That hurricane Michael passed us by. Connie's place at Mexico Beach did not fare as well. Sorry for her. Our Panama City place is still out of commission for awhile, but thankfully there was no damage. Santa Rosa is fine with the exception of tv and internet.

Cooking: We got our first box from Hello Fresh in months. 
This was an odd sounding dish---Korean Beef Bibimbap (yes, that's how it's spelled. I can't begin to pronounce it). It was so good that I've kept the recipe. Basically, it's a rice bowl. Carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and seasoned beef served over jasmine rice.

Hoping: My finisher can get this done by Christmas. 
It's going to be a gift for a family member. I'm having it made in to a pillow. This was the project that I was determined to finish while we were at Big Cedar Lodge.

Planning: Our girls trip for 2019. We've decided on Boston in April. There will definitely be theater involved!

Reading: I've just started a new book that has captured me right off the bat---The Heart's Invisible Furies. I love books that engage you right away. This one started in 1940. I'm only at 1952---takes place in Dublin.

Loving: Surprises! I came home to these on the front porch.

Diane and Gren sent this as a thank you for using our beach condo.
And this came from Pete and Susan as their thanks for using the condo. I do love surprises!


Watching: I'd have to say my new favorite show for the season is A Million Little Things. I don't know if it's by the same people as my other favorite show This is Us, but it sure has the same feel. I'm still loving How to Get Away with Murder. Then, I saw John Stamos on GMA yesterday where he was talking about his new show You on AMC. I have watched the pilot and really like it so far. Looks a little creepy.

Creating: I've gone back to the 3D Santa that I started last year. I went to a weekend workshop about this time. But, I couldn't work on it for very long because I'm the type that will only have one project going at a time. When that's finished, I'll move on. I'm so happy to get back to this because it is so much fun! Plus it gives me an excuse to watch tv!

Bumming: That summer is finally over. It's been nice all week, but they are saying frost by Monday.

Hearing: We have a new appreciation for Kid Rock, so I had him playing at happy hour last night. 

Appreciating: Laying in bed in the morning---reading and dozing. I did that last week while we were on vacation. I love doing that, but I don't do it at home. I'm going to start doing it on Saturdays. 


Weekending: We don't really have any weekend plans. Mindy mentioned having family brunch on Sunday to watch the Titans game that is taking place in London this weekend. I'm all for it! The game starts at 8:30 a.m. so we'll see. I think they are all regretting not going to the game. It was just going to take too much time and money to go. 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to receive flowers and gin from your friends. You can enjoy both while watching your favourite programmes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.