Wednesday, October 24, 2018

What I Buy Wednesday

This week, I had a goal for shopping. My friend, Nancy E. invited me to a Halloween luncheon. By the time you are reading this, the party was yesterday, so I'm not giving anything away. The invitation said we were to come in costume. Well, I definitely moaned about that. I hate costumes. It's just so much pressure. More about what I decided to do later in this post. 

Also we were to bring a wrapped, $10-$15 Halloween type gift for one of those "rob your neighbor" type exchanges.
I picked these for my gift. Along with this, I included a note that I would also do the tablescape for the "winner." It can be Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I love doing them!
 While shopping for the Halloween gift, I couldn't resist these goodies from Hobby Lobby. Plus, they always have the holiday decor half price. When I go there, I can never use my 40% off coupon because everything I buy is already on sale! I loved those glittery leaves---even though I won't be decorating for fall this year. Usually, I take away the Halloween-ish stuff and add the fall. This year, we're going to Charlotte for Thanksgiving. I don't have any reason to bother with fall when I really need to get started on Christmas!

Okay, now, notice that little witches hat at the top? Well, that's my "costume!" It's actually a little hair clip. I paired it with an orange jacket and black jeans. Plus, I have some Halloween jewelry. That's it for me.
I've done the Care One vitamins for 3 months now. Since I haven't seen a difference in anything, I'm going back to my own vitamin regimen that I've always done. I have used these before, but not this brand. They haven't worked in the past, but I'll give it one more go. I used to have such nice nails. The only thing I can figure is that my monthly treatment has had detrimental results on my nails. Still, bad nails are better than chronic hives!
Also, while at Hobby Lobby, I picked up some new and fresh papers for AYM. They didn't have much. The sales girl said that they were phasing out the single papers. That means that we will be forced to buy paper pads. I hate that because you might like half of it, but then you are stuck with the rest. Oh well. Scrapbooking is dying out. Sad but true. I've noticed it in the blogs I follow. Many have given it up---and their blogs too! Too sad.
The last thing on the list of buys this week is this cute hand towel. I love festive towels!

I also had a couple Christmas gifts come in, but can't share them quite yet! That's it for this week!

1 comment:

  1. We Brits are so behind in decorating our houses at any other time of year than Christmas! I don't know anyone who decorates for halloween or autumn unless they are having a party. Can't wait to see how you decorate your home, maybe I'll be inspired to do something!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.