Wednesday, August 22, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays

Didn't buy much this week. But, Butch needed some ink cartridges, so that lead to a purchase from Amazon. I had this in my cart:
Uncle Tony showed it to me because my grandma Preli's picture is on page 132. Aunt Marie said that she used to catch the bus on this corner. There's no names listed---and I'm a little skeptical that it's actually her, but it could be. Obviously, I didn't know her when she was young. I only have one photo of her in her 30's and her hair was darker than the photo in this book. 

Still, I don't care. The book is awesome! I'm using it as another way to tell about my life. Does it bother me to write in a book? The nuns at St. Aloysius would be distressed to know that I have defaced a book by writing in it! Three things are happening when I write in this book. 1. It jogs past memories of my childhood. 2. I'm documenting those things and 3. I'm preserving my handwriting! I love it all!

Oh, and I did have two other things in my cart that came with this book and ink cartridges. But, they are Christmas gifts, so I won't share. Yep, second gifts purchased for Christmas (first were the Ahava lotions). My shopping is well underway (okay, not exactly "well under way." But it's a start!) After all, there are only 128 days until Christmas. (Finally, something I could find out from Alexa).

What have you bought this week?

PS Butch has been encouraging me to buy a new computer. I told him I have to wait until two more of my social security checks come in! I'm trying to live on that. This month, I had to pay for my upcoming England trip!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.