Sunday, August 5, 2018

B&B Day

Butch and Barb day for short!

This week we went up to Hendersonville to do some geo-caching. Well, Butch was geo-caching. I sit in the car with my book (which I am perfectly happy to do) when it's hot. I never was a baby about the heat, but I sort of am now.

Anyway, he had researched the best place in Hendersonville, TN for lunch. This place ranked #1 of the 116 restaurants up there and it didn't disappoint!
We went to The Lost Cajun. It was an unassuming place on the corner in a strip mall. We sat inside
because of the heat.
 We started with drinks. We both had a beer. Yep, me too! Surprising---huh?
Well, this was mine and it was really good. After I ordered it, I said it probably wasn't a great choice to have with Cajun food. That's okay, because it was just about gone by the time the food came.
Our waitress, Stephanie asked us if we'd ever been there before. When we said "no"---she brought us this sample board. What a great idea!!! You got to taste just about everything---AND---the names were engraved in the board so you didn't have to try to remember it all. There was gumbo, seafood gumbo, crawfish étouffée, red beans and rice, lobster bisque and I can't remember the last thing. Really, this could have been my whole lunch!
I got an oyster po boy and seafood gumbo. Butch got the "catouffe"---catfish topped with crawfish étouffée. He loves catfish and our waitress told him there's was the best! It was the truth---the catfish was delicious. All of it was!
We had to end with the beignets. Although I don't love things like this---basically fried dough--like funnel cakes---I always want something sweet after a meal. Plus, how could we go to a Cajun place and NOT have the beignets? They were really good. Really, I think what I don't like about this sort of thing is how messy it can be. I managed to not get powdered sugar all over.
We really liked the decor too. Stephanie offered us beads when we sat down, but we decided to forego them. Butch told her we had bunches due to Mindy's 7 years in New Orleans!

We liked the food so much that we decided it might be fun to take the family sometime.

Okay, so you know me. I want to know everything. I decided to check out the history of this place. Turns out, it's a franchise out of Colorado! The guy who started it is a Cajun from Louisiana that got tired of fighting the hurricanes and oil spills in LA. He started a little gumbo shop in Frisco, CO and then the Lost Cajun in Breckinridge. Now they are all over. Soooo, if you happen to stumble across one, be sure to stop in. It will be worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.