Sunday, August 26, 2018

A Few Things

I've always joked that Butch loves everything about money---making it, saving it, finding it or winning it. Well, last Thursday, Stephanie had arranged for us to do a "cocktail crawl" at Cheekwood (our botanical gardens). There was music and food trucks. Anyway, as we were strolling through the back lawn of the mansion, Nicky looked down and found some coins. Butch joined in on the hunt and found these. Nicky found more than this. They were both excited since the coins looked really old. Turns out, they weren't that old, but just really dirty. Still it was exciting and makes one wonder---where did this booty come from. The coins were in a random location near some bushes. Plus, they are kind of rotted. I don't know what could cause that.
You know, if it's not one thing, it's another around here. We seem to have no end to leaky problems. This is the piping to our sprinkler system. I called my guy---he didn't call back. I called again two days later (because I forgot about it) and still he didn't call back. Desperate, I called my garden girl and asked her to call him. He returned her call! It's good to have "people!"
This falls in the "good to know" category. I love this pink purse. It's light enough that it goes with anything. I'm big on matching. Anyway, it was getting pretty crummy. Just spot cleaning it was not working.
The back had rubbed agains my blue jeans, so also has blue dye on it. I couldn't get that off for anything. Soooo, I did what I always did when the girls were little and their leather tennis shoes were yucky. I washed them! I figure if you're going to get rid of them anyway, you have nothing to lose. Leather shoes wash up beautifully! Also, I've washed my UGGS many times!
 So here's the results. A little wrinkled, but pretty clean looking.
 And the blue dye is just about gone. 
As I'm using it, the wrinkles are coming out. At least that's what I'm telling myself. The old girl has a few more years left in her!
Speaking of old girls---this is my favorite aunt---Aunt Marie. She is amazing! 85 in this picture. I swear she doesn't look more than 70! It's the hair color! And the fact that she has great skin! Really, it's the whole package.
Mindy and Justin were just in New England for 4 days visiting his family. Mindy bought these, but hasn't tried them yet. I don't know how I feel about this. I think I'd rather just have the lobster roll!
They went to a ballgame. I LOVE Mindy's lobster purse (by Kate Spade). You can't see in this picture, but after she bought that purse and sent me a picture, I came across a pair of Keds by some New England designer that I never heard of before---with little lobsters all over them.

The designer's name is Alaina Marie. I just thought they were adorable. Plus they're Keds. That means cheap--okay, a little more than regular Keds, but not like regular designer shoes! The whole reason I even discovered the lobster shoes was because I was responding to an email from Keds offering me a discount. These were in the "ad".

How could I resist these? They're pink! I love them. And they go with my wrinkly purse!
And then there's this. I took Morgan shopping on Tuesday. She wanted "new" jeans. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me! No, she didn't get these, but the ones she did get had a few rips! These are rags to me. And high priced rags at that!
This is the wall in Alter'd State---one of my favorite stores. Honestly, even though these plants are all fake, it did look like a living wall. Pretty cool. I did get something here, but you'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out what!
I actually saw my speedometer turn over! I always miss it! My "new" jeep will be a year old Labor Day weekend. 
Mugsy is my sister, Janice's new puppy. He's pretty cute, but it looks to me like he's going to be a big dog!
Speaking of dogs, Connie and Jack got one. Or, I should say, Analise and Merritt got one that will live with Jack and Connie, be walked by Jack and Connie, go to the vet with Jack and Connie, be fed by Jack and Connie, be groomed by Jack and Connie, be played with by Jack and Connie---I think you get the picture! HIs name is Dash and I will admit, he's pretty cute. 
So, I've taken this picture in the mirror because I'm not good with selfies---my arms aren't long enough. This isn't really what I had in mind. I need a close-up as I've started a new cream that's supposed to diminish fine lines and wrinkles (gosh, I'm spending a lot of time on wrinkles this post). I have to do it for 3 months, so we'll see. But the reason I'm posing this is because of my man hands. I guess it's just like Mindy always says, you do not want to be at the front of a group photo or you look like you have a big head! Same goes for hands! Look at that, almost the size of my whole face!

That's it for today. Just a little random nothing. What's new with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.