Thursday, August 9, 2018

This and That Thursday

The Zimmermann family vacation 2018. We weren't there, but I heard they had a good time.
 Mindy got this shot of Justin when we were on our family vacation at Bush Gardens.
 The only reason I'm posting it is because I'm going to be seeing the real thing in just about a month! Can't wait for our book club trip to England---well, six of us anyway.
 My sister, Janice sent me this picture of the baby fox in her backyard. She ruined a screen to get a good picture--or at least tried!
 Stephanie and Mindy went to a place in Nashville called House of Cards. You have dinner in a speakeasy type atmosphere where they have magicians doing card tricks. They said it's a lot of fun. Dressing up is required.
 Mindy sent me this of Justin doing their cooking prep for the week. Ya' gotta' love a guy that not only cooks, but loves show tunes---this from Jersey Boys!! He's say it's not really show tunes, but Franki Valli!
Nicky posed for this picture making fun of himself. Two years ago on our family vacation at the beach, he broke not one---but two coolers!!! One he sat on---uhh, it's styrofoam. The other he fell in to. We've never let him live it down. Two on one trip!
I'm not getting political here, but....Butch and I were out geo-caching last week. We pulled in to this development---public housing (new). I was shocked at the extraordinarily nice cars parked there---Cadillac Escalade and two Lincolns plus a few more normal cars---or at least cars you would expect to see owned by people on the dole! Reminds me of when mom tried to apply for food stamps after our dad died at age 36. She was 35 with 7 kids. She pulled up with her little Plymouth Belvidere amidst Cadillacs. When she went inside, there were women in mink coats. The "workers" told mom that she wasn't eligible because she lived in "too nice of an area." Believe me, our house was very little! She could definitely get food stamps now! Where we grew up is a really BAD area!
 Morgan brought over her Dirt Devil. She told her grandpa that she burned up the motor and could he fix it. He took it all apart and did actually fix it!
I thought when you burned up the motor, that meant it was kaputz!!
 I've lost my mojo for scrapbooking. Ever since my brother died, I've had this feeling like "what's the point." Anyway, I still have responsibilities with my AYM group. I did make the title page for this year's album. I have to admit, I had a good time, so maybe the mojo is returning.
 Then, there's this!
Oh, my, gosh! When I'm working, I make the hugest mess! I usually always clean up afterwards, but didn't have the time this go round. Now I have this facing me the next time I go up to my scrapbook room! Ugh!

Okay, so by the time you read this, we will have changed our Route 66 plans. We ended up having to make a Detour to Tulsa, Oklahoma to attend a funeral. Butch's last uncle passed away on Tuesday. Uncle Pat was his favorite. He had a big influence on Butch's life. We are grateful!

1 comment:

  1. What a great bunch of this & that today! (So sorry to hear about the uncle's passing, but glad y'all were able to detour for the funeral.)

    England with the book club sounds like FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.