Sunday, August 19, 2018

Back to School

I love first day of school pictures. It reminds me of my girls and their first days. We started the first day with pancakes! Steph even brought her girls over on the first day so we could get pictures and have pancakes. Everyone was excited. Personally, I wasn't ready for summer to be over. I loved having the girls home.

I looked to see if I had any of our "vintage" first day of school pictures still on my computer, but couldn't find any. So, we'll have to make do with kiddoes that are near and dear to me! Some are family and some are friends---although they are like family to me too!
Travis--my sister, Jeanne's grands-- heading to first grade. He always has a big smile on his face. Seriously, I've never seen a kid smile as much as he does. May he always be so happy! Orange is his favorite color. He might need to consider going to UT for college. I guess we have a few years to decide!
 Nathan photo bombing in the background! I think he's starting kindergarten this year.
Evie, the granddaughter of my brother, Ronnie and SIL Janet, also starting first grade. Her little Catholic girl uniform is precious! She's a very responsible little girl.
 Josie is getting in on the action, but she's still a couple years away from kindergarten.
Analise and Merritt--chitluns of Sandy's BFF growing up, Amanda and the grands of my BFF, Connie.
 Look out 9th grade! Here she comes! Analise is Elizabeth's BFF in Nashville. Fitting don't ya' think?
PS She already has her homecoming date lined up! No surprise there!
Merritt, one of my favorite little guys is starting 5th. And yes, he's as responsible as he looks! He gets himself up and ready every day. In fact, on his actual first day, he didn't need to go until 9 a.m. About 7:30, he crept in to Connie's room and was a little panicky that they were going to be late. Connie failed to tell the poor guy that he had a late start on that day!
Grace and Charlie--also grands of Connie's. I only get to see them a couple times a year. Malinda was Steph's BFF growing up.
  The last time Grace was here, we taught the kids to play poker. She's a sweetheart!
Charlie is growing like a weed. I guess that's because I don't see him much either! I do know he likes the song "It's raining tacos!" Third grade should be a breeze! He looks ready!
These kids! I can't believe how grown up they are. I got to see them over the 4th of July, They are my niece, Bridget's kids. Mya, Ava and Chase.
 Chase is in 10th grade and on the road. Literally! He'll be getting his license soon.
 Ava is starting 9th grade and is in to dance---big time. She's got the legs for it!
 Mya is starting 8th grade. Her passion is basketball. She spent most of her summer at camps.
 My niece, Sara, didn't get a group shot of her three. Here are Makenna and Ben.
 Makenna is a senior this year. Volleyball is her jam!
Younger brother, Nathan is starting 9th grade.
 And then there's Ben---7th for him.
 Next up is Marci's, gang. Luke, Ryan, Madison and Bryn.
 Ryan is starting 5th--or is it 6th? Too many to keep up with!
 Bryn is starting kindergarten. She's a busy little girl, so maybe Marci will get a breather!

And then we have my favorite cousin, Chrissy's daughter, Ally with her daughters. I have officially never met them---they live in Springfield, but I hear plenty about them from Facebook! I feel like I know them for sure!
This is Aubrey. I admire her independence and ability to be herself! She must really like this haircut since she's had it before! I say go for it! Plus, that's half a head you don't have to wash!
Here is Zoe---I have a feeling she might have a few hippy genes running through her! She's all about peace! She has her mother's hair--thick and curly!

So there you have it. The first day of school pictures for 2018. Did you notice who's missing? Well, they haven't started yet! You can bet, when they do, they'll get a whole post for themselves!

Was anybody paying attention to this last night?
We did. I'm also trying to "catch" my speedometer turn to 12,000 miles on my nearly one year old Jeep. I have about 70 miles. I usually miss my mileage turnovers. It's so quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.