Wednesday, August 8, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays

Believe it or not, I didn't buy a single thing this week. Oh wait, I did buy some more of my favorite lotion--not this week, but it arrived this week. My friend, Linda introduced me to this when we went to the Dead Sea together a few years ago. She didn't want me to buy it there since it was so expensive. Our tour driver took just the two of us to a place after hours. They didn't carry this brand, so we left without buying anything. That was a little embarrassing since they opened the place just for us. Linda ended up buying me a tube at the airport on the way home!! I've been ordering it ever since. Yes, it's expensive, but once you order, they send you "deals" now and then. This time the offer was half price---so I stocked up--you know my multiples problem---which I mostly have under control! Plus, I share it with my girls! It smells amazing---nothing to interfere with perfume, but so subtle and nice. They also send you free samples---all of which have been fabulous, but I have never ordered anything else. 

OMGosh---see how everything leads to a memory? Okay, on to what I did buy last week---food!
I actually bought this almost 3 weeks ago---for the first time! It's fabulous! White bread that stays soft no matter how old it gets---if it ain't soft, it's toast! Literally! Butch even liked it and he likes the cheap stuff.
OMGosh! We certainly got a lot of mileage out of the Boar's Head olive loaf I bought! Butch asked the obvious question---"Where did this olive loaf come from?" Hmmm, I have no idea! Anyway, I'm not going to go in to our banter. Just suffice it to say that he liked it too---so much so that he bought another half pound---and Boar's Head to boot! We never get that! Made for good happy hour laughter.
So, we often order pizza at the pool. This time we ordered Pizza Hut. This is what happens when they don't bring the requested plates. We had to use the leftovers from our Papa John's order last week! I posted this on social media hoping I'd get a contact (and free pizza) from either establishment. I didn't. I thought these big companies have people that only watch for news on social media. Apparently, they didn't see my post!

That's it for this week. We'll be leaving today for our next segment of Route 66. I want to do the entire thing. We've already done some of Oklahoma. I wanted to do another leg while I'm still 66. We're driving to St. Louis and going to Chicago. Chances are I'll be buying something!

Did you buy anything interesting this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.